Blue Heron Rooms and Glamping
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island(Eastsound)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$103
Travelocity
West Beach Resort(Eastsound)(Great Value!)
US$252
Deer Harbor Inn(Deer Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$175
Orcas Hotel(Orcas)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$98
  • Restaurant
Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$204
  • Free Internet
Edenwild Boutique Inn(Lopez Island)(Great Value!)
US$176
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewspelican roomb bplace to staybed and breakfastsmall fridgeorcas islandprivate balconyfirst morningyogurtsan juanscoffee makerview of the baywalrusegretshostssoundhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2007

Easy registration, easy arrival from ferry, attentive hosts not overbearing, excellent activity recommendations, good breakfast food, serene room decorations, comfortable bed, beautiful view, tasty night time dessert treat.

Hope to return, recommend to anyone looking for Orcas Island relaxation time.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2007

From the moment Carol graciously met and picked me up at the small airport on Orcas I knew I had selected the right B and B to begin my vacation. Innkeepers Carol and Bogdan welcomed me like I was family. I was pampered throughout my stay with wonderful breakfast feasts, home baked daily treats and a roaring fire to keep off the cool, damp evenings.

My room was spacious and extremely comfortable, and I found myself thoroughly enjoying a few peaceful moments on my private porch looking over the water's edge. My room was well furnished and the bed even more comfortable than my own at home. The room's porch doors had very effective shades that helped keep out the early June 5:30 a.m. sunrises found in the Pacific Northwest.

I've stayed in many inns and b and b's. None have compared to the hospitality, comfort and charm I found at the Blue Heron Inn. Carol and Bogdan were also very helpful prior to and during my stay. Both directed me to what to do based on the weather and my interests.

I would be remiss, if I didn't comment on Pulosky. He's a lab mix who seriously takes on his role as the inn pup. He would be a welcome vacation buddy to traveling pups. His warm greeting made me feel even more at home, since I was sorely missing my special canine.

The Blue Heron also has wireless internet throughout the house and that came in handy since I had my laptop with me.

For unexpected reasons, my vacation plans were changed and I needed to return to the Blue Heron a few days after my initial departure. Again, Carol and Bogdan took excellent care of me during my return visit and took especially good care of my boyfriend who ended up with last minute travel plans to Orcas to meet up with me.

I'm eagerly looking forward to my next trip to the Blue Heron and am trying to figure out it I can return annually!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank TravelGal13
Reviewed 17 June 2007

Our family was so blessed to stay in this charming waterfront view B & B. The host & hostess were so warm they felt like family. They were very helpful in making plans to explore Orcas, and even baked fresh cookies and brownies for us to take on our outings. Our large room included an upstairs porch overlooking the bay & marina, where we enjoyed our morning coffee. We had our daughter with us and the Pelican room had a queen bed, and then a day bed for our daughter, and a large bathroom. The 1910 home is beautifully restored, and they had a fire for us each night when we came back. We liked it there so much, we extended our stay on Orcas an extra night. The breakfast is delicious and healthy. We have two dogs who didn't travel with us this trip, but this B & B allows dogs and we were invited to return with our dogs any time. They have a sweet black lab named Pulaski, who loves to play and entertain human and canine guests. We've already recommended this place to friends and we just got back from our trip. We are planning to return to the Blue Heron next year.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank GoodDoggie
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We first viewed spectacular Orcas Island from our chartered Cessna flying from Pt. Roberts. Carol,our hostess from the Blue Heron, met us at the airport and wisked us away to our home away from home for the next 4 days. The Egret was our spacious room with a very comfy queen bed and adjouning full bath. There were expansive views from every window and from our covered porch we viewed the bay and boat docks below.

The breakfasts Carol and Bogden served were varied and delicious as well as healthy. Fresh homemade muffins, walnut Belgian waffles, eggs with ham,cereals--hot or cold--as well as plenty of fresh fruits and coffee (or tea) were on their menu, served in their charming dining room.

The island gives the feeling of stepping back in time to a friendler more relaxed pace, yet with all the modern conveniences. After a day of sightseeing we would relax in front of the blazing fireplace playing checkers, reading or just visiting with our gracious hosts. If you're looking for a place to refresh your body and soul, as well as to enjoy the many activties on Orcas Island, this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Packingtogo
Reviewed 6 May 2007

While the mailing address is Eastsound, Washington (Orcas Island), this cozy B&B actually sits on Westsound (another beautiful bay). The Blue Heron specifically caters to folks who want to bring their dog along and the innkeepers have a delightful black lab who loves to entertain his canine guests.

The food is quite good, the wireless internet connection is fast, and the place is generally cute. But the real charm of the Blue Heron is the host couple, Bogdan and Carol. I've stayed in a lot of B&Bs over the years, but I'm hard-pressed to recall innkeepers as helpful, accommodating, and charming as these guys.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple