Otters Pond Bed and Breakfast
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island(Eastsound)(Great Value!)
US$225
Orcas Hotel(Orcas)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$114
Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$204
  • Free Internet
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Deer Harbor Inn(Deer Harbor)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsswan roomhot tubmoran state parkbird feedersorcas islandother guestsspotting scopeinn keepersblue birddutch appleback porchhomemade sorbetwood duckslarge variety of birdswater liliesfresh fruitwonderful hosts
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed a week at this lovely bed and breakfast. The quiet pond was brimming with birds and ducks and peacefulness. The bed was comfortable and the room quiet. The breakfasts were amazing, the best I've ever had since i've been gluten free for sure! Sue is a wonderful cook and both Sue and Carl are so kind. Much gratitude to them for the stay.

The location right outside Moran State Park is wonderful!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Blue Heron room. They told me it was small but it was really perfect for me.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Enjoyed Otter's Pond very much. Quite, nicely furnished, great breakfast, relaxing environment with a nice view of the pond, birds, etc. Good advice from Carl on places to go. We had a TV in our room but we didn't use it. We'll go again. Orcas Island is a great place to visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We have stayed at many B and B in the United States and in England. Otter's Pond is at the top of the list. My husband and I enjoy photography and the birds at Otter's Pond were wonderful subjects, especially the Rufous Hummingbirds. Otter's Pond reminds me of a retreat located in a woodland area with a pond full of wildlife. Peaceful.

The bridge collapse should not be the reason to avoid the San Juan Islands this summer. Carl's directions are excellent. We came from Seattle and the detour at Mt. Vernon took less than 30 minutes.

Carl and Sue are wonderful hosts. Both of them have lots of knowledge and information about the island history, activities to engage in, and places to eat and shop. Otter's Pond is situated near hiking areas at Mt. Constituation and not far from town for shopping and eating opportunities.

We certainly will be back. Sandy and David S.

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the pond.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 1 June 2013

This was our first B&B experience and I am so glad we chose Otter's Pond.
It's location is ideal - conveniently situated between Eastsound (for restaurants & shopping) and Moran State park (explore hiking trails, Mt. Constitution & Rosario Mansion).

Before I even arrived to the San Juan Islands, I appreciated Carl & Sue's website which provided us clear and simple directions on getting to Orcas Island despite the media's coverage of the bridge collapse. Yes, it is easy to visit the Islands and the bridge collapse shouldn't deter anyone from enjoying this travel destination.

Otter's Pond is a beautiful haven - a lovely secluded and serene forest wet land. It is a bird sanctuary inviting much of the wildlife to its bird feeders on the deck. We even caught glimpses of otters swimming in the pond. The stillness and lushness of the pond was a perfect setting to support the practice of yoga and meditation. The Bluebird room had a lovely view of the pond and each night we slept soundly on the comfortable and cozy king size bed, especially after the luxurious evening hot tub dips. The five course gourmet breakfasts were delicious and accommodated everyone's dietary restrictions. I purchased their Featherbed eggs cookbook with intentions of making the Herb cheese souffle, homemade sorbet and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

Carl & Sue are a great team. Their attention to detail is reflected in every part of your stay. Carl has captured the essence of the island through his excellent photography and Sue has great recommendations depending on your desire for exploration and fun. Carl & Sue went out of their way to make our visit to Orcas island most memorable and we will remember their kindness and generosity.

We would highly recommend Otter's Pond B& B as your home base when visiting the San Juan Islands.

Room Tip: Loved the pond view from the Bluebird room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My wife and I took our first trip to Orcas Island in September 2012 and stayed for two nights at a no-frills B&B that was very nice. We were so enchanted with Orcas that when Otters Pond offered a Living Social deal, we took advantage of it and decided to stay for four nights instead of two. We haven't stayed at a lot of B&Bs, but Otters Pond has set the standard. We stayed in the high-end Swan Room that overlooked the pond, and there's nothing we can think of that could have been better about it. Otters Pond is close to Eastsound and is situated on the aforementioned pond, and there are always birds and squirrels to watch at the feeders. What really makes the place special, though, are the owners, Carl and Sue Silvernail. They are extremely friendly and engaging, and, every morning, they prepare a five-course gourmet breakfast for the guests. It easily would cost $25 at a restaurant, and we never needed to eat lunch because we were so full, so you need to factor that into the cost of the stay. The B&B seems to attract like-minded people, and we made some new friends during our breakfasts.

As for those posters who complain that there are too many rules (i.e., you have to remove your shoes and listen to an orientation on how to use the hot tub), I don't know what to say. Sue is from Hawaii, where it's customary to move your shoes indoors so you don't track in dirt. The hot tub orientation took all of two minutes. If that sort of of thing bothers you, then stay elsewhere.

My wife (who is from Hawaii) and I have connected with Orcas Island in a way that's hard to explain. We plan to visit annually, and Otters Pond is where we'll stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple