“Good value”
Review of Mill Village Motel

Mill Village Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Eatonville
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Four of us stayed one night after attending a wedding nearby. We checked in at 10 PM, right before closing. The front desk clerk was very friendly helpful. Our room on the second floor was spacious, clean and comfortable. Although the lobby is small, they serve up a full breakfast with lots of options.
The only glitch was our wifi access which was spotty, although there is a computer in the lobby that we could use. It was easy to get to Mt. Rainier from there, and overall we were pleasantly surprised by our stay at Mill Village Motel.

Would definitely recommend it to others!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MlleL

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the breakfast, rooms really clean and comfortable but we had no wifi even though we were two rooms from the office. You have to go into the office to use the WiFi and even then, it had to be rebooted each day we stayed there. Nevertheless, Pam is a real sweetheart and works hard. Service was great. It is like 15 to 25 minutes from Rainier.. don't remember exactly. But we picked this place because it looked safe and not super expensive if you were to stay real close to the mountains. BEWARE of the speed trap on that same street as the hotel. Cops are just waiting till it drops from 50 mph to like 25 oner the hill. Sneaky devils! They let me go but I can tell they are waiting to catch the next unsuspecting person.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rob L
Reviewed 31 July 2013

On a recent visit to Washington I had the opportunity to stay three nights in the Mill Village Motel. It was a very clean and comfortable stay. The staff was friendly and welcoming. A hearty breakfast is served every morning; consisting of sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, pastries, cereal, waffles, juice, coffee, yogurt, and fruit! Enjoy your stay below beautiful Mount Rainier!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My brother and I spent 4 nights while visiting Mt. Rainier and the staff was friendly, helpfully and made our stay one of the best experience's of our trip. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Every morning we enjoyed a very good breakfast, which gave us a good start every morning. I would recommend anyone looking to visit the area to stay with them.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

So I stayed there with my family for a few days. The rooms were big and clean and way better than I expected for remote town as this. They even had a wall mounted Flat screen TV.
The hotel employees very very friendly. The breakfast menu was decent. The rates were a bit high though. The WiFi refused to work on a couple of days and on the days it did work, it was really slow (which is why I give this hotel 4 instead of 5 stars).
It is about an hour away from Mt Rainier. Be warned most of the interesting restaurants and the only movie theater there either close early or are closed on Sat & Sunday.
Nothing much to do in Eatonville on a Saturday or Sunday, so we ended up going to Yelm (which seems to be more commercially developed), for dinner.
All in All, I would certainly recommend this hotel, if no other hotel closer to Mt Rainier is available. FYI, there are no elevators, so you will have carry any large bags up the stairs (which may be good as some light exercise).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarosh J
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were expecting less but were very pleased with what we got. We had a large and pleasant room, coffee maker, refrigerator and a w-fi that worked easily. In the sitting area, we had a comfortable table and chairs. There is an outside stairway. The breakfast area was in the lobby and the eating space was limited. The meal was fine. The staff was very friendly and informative about the area. This was a good stop and there are about 4 places to eat dinner close to the motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Found this property online as I was on a business trip and would need to spend the night in the area. Motel property was clean as was the room. Desk person I guess I would say was adequate, not overly friendly or helpful, sort of doing her job. Although I will say that as I left to go to my room she said that the roomed faced Mt. Rainier and I would get a view if the cloud cover were to move. Room was clean, but did smell a little strong of perfumed deodorizer. Bed comfy. I guess my only complaint/suggestion, and this irritates me with many other motel's, independents and chains. And that is the heavy use of paper and plastic products at the breakfast bar. Styro cups, plastic flatware, paper plates, plastic orange juice/yogurt containers. So much one use implements that end up in the landfill. I know there are Health Dept. regulations, but wouldn't a commercial dishwasher some cups and glasses, real plates and flatware help prevent all this trash?

Room Tip: Second floor, east side for a view of Mt. Rainier, as it is right there in its glory.