“Not as good as last time!”

Colonial Pantry Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 135 Restaurants in Edmonds
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Edmonds, Washington
“Not as good as last time!”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Since we had such a good meal in November, my husband and I decided to eat again at the Colonial Pantry in Edmonds. What a change! The bus boy put our napkins and silverware on the table for us. I thanked him and he didn't answer. Then he literally threw the menu's down on the table. A waitress took our order but we had to wait a long time for it. We both ordered bacon and eggs with hash browns. The bacon was wonderful! But the eggs were on the cool side and one was hard. The toast was partially burnt and only buttered in the middle. The hashbrowns were very hard on the bottom. I mentioned this when we paid and it was ignored. We won't be back.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank PennyMWa

Edmonds, Washington
“Wonderful food, great service and clean!”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The food here is very well prepared, good quality and tastes great! My husband and I had bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast. The bacon is hickory smoked like bacon is supposed to be. The hashbrowns taste like they are made from scratch. Plus the eggs and toast were done just right. All this for only $14 for both of us! The waitress was very friendly and efficient as were the rest of the staff. You are made to feel welcome the minute you walk in the door. The ambiance is very nice with lace curtains at the windows, and lots of cute little ceramic items on shelves. Most importantly, it is very clean! I ran my finger along one of the shelves and no dust! We will definitely be back again!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank PennyMWa
Lynnwood, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Homestyle Food”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I don't know why it took so long to find this little gem. They came highly recommened by the Doggie Diner that came to my apartment to do an event. As we drove up to the sweet cottage a couple who were leaving raved about the food and said to be sure to have the home made soup and we are sure glad we did. The petite meal which was $8.95 came with soup or salad and desert. To my surprise everything was home made even REAL mashed potatoes! Now that's a deal. Did I mention it was so large we needed doggie bags? Anyway, it's a step back in time and a cozy place to visit.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Toni-Jo S
Clinton
“For breakfast or lunch, why go anywhere else.”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I have frequented this establishment for years.
If you go in solo, sit at the counter and enjoy the banter of the staff.
Meals are not skimpy and cooked however you wish.
Most of the crew has been there for years, to me a good sign.
Excellent breakfast and lunch.
Weekends can be busy, but worth the wait.

• Visited February 2012