“Great Food. Excellent service.”
Review of Caravan Kebab

Caravan Kebab
Ranked #32 of 135 Restaurants in Edmonds
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Great Food. Excellent service.”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I am in from out of town and looked for a groupon for somewhere delicious. Unfortunately time was short and we could not dine in, so I phoned and order to go. When I got there the man at the front told me the groupon was dine in only after I had already made my order. I was disappointed, but then he gave me a pretty good discount anyways. Pretty happy about that. Food was delicious as well. I asked for their best vegetarian dish, not sure what dish the gave me, but it was really good.

• Visited September 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Good food, Good service”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

THis is not a fancy place but the food is flavorful and delicious. The service is good and the owner's story is one that makes me want to ensure they are successful.

Visited October 2012
Edmonds, WA
“Stop the Car!!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We live only a few minutes away from the restaurant and have driven past it for several years. It has a very unimpressive look and occupies the space that belonged to a similar but not so stellar ethnic restaurant. Boy, have we been missing a local gem. The restaurant was very clean and well appointed in a Middle Eastern/West Asian motif. Everything was great, to include A1 service! We started with the small Persian Salad, it was one of the ‘bigger’ small salads that I’ve had. It had a great taste and a real value. We also had the Muhammara Spread with pita. Again, it was a good portion, tasty, but a little mild. I don’t think this is their fault, we like very spicy. I then had a cup of their Daal soup that I would definitely have again. For entrees, I had the lamb chops that were nicely done. It came with a very generous portion of basmati rice and roasted vegetables. I would opt for more veggies and a little less rice. My wife had the Vegetable Biryani. She thoroughly enjoyed it and I agreed after a taste. It was a nice mix of vegetables and rice, very well seasoned and again large. We ended up getting a take home box as it was too much for the two of us. We will definitely return and work our way through a fun, diverse menu.

• Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Well worth it”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Caravan Kebab is well-worth whatever investment you need to make in it: whether it's driving to the off-the-path location in Edmonds, to sorting through what "type" of food they offer (menu spans Indian, Pakistani, Greek, Mediterranean, Russian, and Ukranian, but don't worry - it's not trying to throw it all against the wall and see what sticks - it's because the chefs have travelled and learned their craft in all these places). From the unassuming exterior, you'd expect just a tasty "neighborhood Indian restaurant," but it's really so much more. The service is fantastic - friendly, knowledgeable, and basically just delighted to see you enjoy their food. We highly recommend ordered whatever the "goat special" is - don't be scared off when he tells you "it has bones" - it is delicious and unlike any dishes you can order anywhere else around Seattle! We also think it is the best borscht in Western Washington.

• Visited November 2012
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great find!”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I dined here after finding the restaurant on tripadvisor. Don't let the exterior fool you - great food and service! I had the butter chicken. The presentation in a small metal pot with a dish of rice was very nice, but nothing could compare to the flavor! I will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012