“Decent Dim Sum north of Seattle”

T & T Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 129 Restaurants in Edmonds
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Washington
“Decent Dim Sum north of Seattle”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I live north of Seattle so sometimes it's not convenient to drive down to the ID. I've been to T&T twice for dim sum and it's not bad at all. The shui mai, chicken feet and congee is good and is satisfying. The quality isn't close to Jade Garden down in the ID, but for me, heading here is good enough to get a quick fix.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Heretix

Seattle
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The review previous to mine had a valid point. The service here is truly awful. Tried a number of times and it was always the same pattern. Great food, bad service. Seating is generally fairly prompt, sometimes you'll get your order taken in a reasonably timely manner. After that, prepare for a long wait. One of the most inexplicable things about T&T is their total inability to time an order so everything gets to the table on time. At another of our favorite Chinese restaurants, if a dish we order will take longer to prepare, they inform us when we order. Not T&T; nearly every visit we had to either start one dish while it was hot and finish it before the second arrived, or let it get cold during the wait. At least two occasions we had to get up, find a waiter, and ask about our order. Other people were doing the same.

The food is great, and T&T is always packed on the weekends, not just during the mealtime rushes, but all day long. I've been there at 3:00 p.m. and found it busy. Once we discoovered Chiang's (which I've also reviewed as having serious service lapses), T&T just wasn't worth the hassle anymore.

everett
“Nope”
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I don't really care HOW many Asians eat at this restaurant, the place SUCKS. Service is horrible!!!!! Do they have a right to be so indifferent to their guests because they think their food is so great? Well, it's NOT!!! I'd rather go to Panda Express and be treated like they care.

Zurich
“Finally, good Chinese outside the I district!”
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I've nearly stopped trying Chinese restaurants, but having been to the Pho joint around the corner and the great "99 Market", I couldn't help but notice how busy this place was and how people were enjoying the food.

Our party loved the hot and sour, the green beans with shredded pork and the honey walnut prawns. However, the filet mignon sizzling platter left much to be decided. One of the things I hate about lousy Chinese restaurants is their tendency to "smother in onions and add a sauce that's too sweet", alas that describes the filet mignon sizzling platter, in this case the sauce that was too sweet was an oyster sauce and there was nothing else in the dish other than a hint of green pepper--and heavens so many onions.

But, 3 great dishes and one mediocre is the best I've done at a Chinese restaurant in years.

Edmonds
“Best Chinese Food in Edmonds”
Reviewed 1 August 2008

Nicely prepared, fresh and authentic chinese food. Very reasonably priced. Bring your appetite!