“Blown away”

La Galleria
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual fine dining, specializing in Italian, Seafood, Steaks and home-made deserts. Tapas or small-plates and reduced-price drinks are available 4-6PM. A full bar with beer, wine and cocktails.
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stopped by after work, for a quick "happy-hour" bite.
OMG! Polenta with Gorgonzola...out of this world.

they weren't too busy, had a group coming in, so I got to chat with the owner, the staff and the chef and sat where I could see them too. If the meal was great, chatting with the staff was even better.

Trust me, I will be back...and with friends

Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is one of those places that is off the beaten path and what would be called a "hole in the wall". It is a very nice surprise, however, if you enter. The interior is clean, the help is friendly, and the service is attentive but not over-bearing. The food is as close to a Boston Italian restaurant as I've seen. I have been there several times and while the food has always been very good, it may not always be the same. The chef on duty may not always prepare things the same as the one before.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

We rented out the restaurant for my son's baptismal lunch. We ate dinner there before deciding to make the reservation. Service was very good and food was amazing. My husband loved the salmon pasta.

The owner helped us plan the menu and made great suggestions to accomodate what we wanted and our price range. Unfortunately, he was on vacation immediately before and during our event so it did not go as smoothly as we wanted. The food came out VERY slow (but it was still delicious), the hostess never presented the food, and we had a misunderstanding on pricing.

Overall, I would still recommend this place since it is generally well run and food is amazing. It is a great place for a party of about 50 people but just make sure that you get someone more experienced for the day of your event.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We go here 3 or 4 times a year. We were back again on a Friday night end of February. It's a funky little place tucked into a small strip mall beside a local grocery store. But is does not feel that way once you are inside. The Owner, Josh Colberg is gregarious and usually roams the restaurant making friends, and the service is attentive. It is small - just 16 tables or so, with a little wine bar area (with a TV if you have to have it) back near the kitchen.

Most importantly the food is always good. There is a good variety and we ( my wife and I ) have yet to be disappointed, whether ordering meat or pasta or salad or appetizer.

Good wine selection of moderately priced wines, priced fairly. We usually just get on of the house reds, which are very nice. (Chianti or a Montepulciano).

The food is priced fair as well.

We will keep going back!

Reviewed 8 December 2011

Great food. Really loved the spinach salad the most. The place itself is small and intimate. You dot have to worry about how busy it is because both times I went it was empty. The waitress we ha was very nice and talked to my kids; very delightful.