The Hobo Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Elbe
See available hotels
Nisqually Lodge(Ashford)
Wellspring(Ashford)
  • Spa
  • Free Internet
Seasons Motel(Morton)
Randle Motel(Randle)
View Hotel
All reviewsmount rainierrailroad carcoffee standcoffee makerred cabooserestaurant carcaboosescupolawa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband and I and another couple stayed one night and really enjoyed the uniqueness of the Hobo Inn. The rooms are so adorable. This place is really a gold mine if someone could take the money and time to fix some things.(not that big of a deal but could be nicer) The sewer/water lines are all above ground so you can see them when you are outside your caboose. The air conditioner didn't work in our room (caboose #5) (about 95 degrees that day) and we just couldn't stay in the room. Our friends' air conditioner worked great so we went to their room for a while. (they were in caboose #2) #2 caboose was also more upgraded than #5 and didn't have a funky smell like ours did.

We had dinner in the dinner car which was fantastic. They only had one cut of prime rib left so our friend had that. I had a bite and it was delicious! I had the bleu cheese burger which was also wonderful. Everything at our table was really good and the dinner car really was fixed up very cute! I really enjoyed it there.

Our room had cooled a bit with the evening, (couldn't open the doors because of mosquitos) so it wasn't too bad and we slept well. We got up in the morning and had coffee in our room. Our friends had a coffee pot and coffee but no cups to drink out of.

We were traveling on motorcycles and wanted to get an early start because of the heat and agreed to meet at 8 am. The place doesn't open until 9 unfortunately, so our complementary breakfast went on without us. There was no key drop and we didn't feel very good about it but left the key in the cabooses and the door unlocked and we left.

Overall, I think it is a unique and fun change of pace. If we had an air conditioner, I think I would have definately spent more time in my caboose. I may not stay in this hotel again, but will look for others that have the same type of novelty experience.

Room Tip: Avoid Caboose #5 if you're staying on a hot day. Caboose #2 is better for a hot day.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SassYDawG
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We had lunch at the restaurant and stayed at the Hobo Inn for 1 night.

This is the perfect place to feel like you are in 1850. Things are not perfect but the atmosphere is. Those who rate this as poor facility need to read the name. Hobo Inn. It is not the Hilton! For the price and the experience this place rocks!

Food was good, a bit pricey but everything in this area was expensive. At the base of a 14,000 mountain I can't really complain.

Room Tip: Bring your own entertainment...Places close early here and the cell service is non existent!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank srock22
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The novelty was fun. The bed felt like a roll away but expected in a caboose. Breakfast was great which was included in the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TammyC
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Loved the room, clean quite and best of all you wake up to the sound of the trains firing up in the morning, its great!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Caryn S
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I ended up at the the Hobo Inn more by accident than anything else: invited to a family get-together at nearby Alder Lake (a beautiful man-made lake and recreation area), I chose the Hobo Inn on a whim. That said, my granddaughters and I enjoyed our stay there immensely--they for the quirkiness of sleeping in real converted train cars, me for the comfort and location. The train cars are all mostly converted to sleeping spaces with bathrooms, but they've left some nice touches--the small observation perches looking out the top of the cars were favorites of my granddaughters. Overall, an enjoyable, memorable experience!!

Room Tip: Rooms to the back side may be a bit quieter, but even the ones fronting the road are not noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family