All reviews big mike the cantina blues festival great resort fishing gear family vacation jet ski rentals rj kj pans storage mattresses
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We got a beachfront cottage for the weekend, #609 , it was clean, and had everything we needed. There were 4 of us, and was just right for sleeping arrangements,with 2 queen beds in the loft, and a bedroom downstairs. I believe the couch could also pull out into a bed if needed. Parked our boat right below at the shoreline. Perfect. Brought my sup and paddled all around the cove. This lake is beautiful, went exploring and found some great coves surrounded by huge rock formations, watched the sunset,while catching fish. We will be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

By far the best place to stay no doubt! The campsites are clean, tons of space and right next to either the lake or bathroom.

The cabins were a great stay, we have 4 people in a small one and had enough room to dance and relax in.

The large cabins are even cooler! We had friends staying in them with 8 people and it’s almost like a 5 star hotel! Clean, new appliances, comfy beds, clean water!

Stay here! You’ll love it

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John V
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

If I could stay here the rest of my life I would.

Reasons being, we had a group of almost 20 people and Sunbanks took us all in!
The campsite accommodated all of us no issue. Our neighbors were awesome and even partied with us late into the night.
We had so much fun we booked with these guys again a week later just to hangout with the staff.

If you are a young couple that doesn’t like parties or loud music, I recommend getting a cabin or staying somewhere else because this place is all about having fun and enjoying your stay. Not to sleep in and go to bed early. That’s weak sauce.

Anyways, the more I talk about this place the more I want to go back. The bathrooms were spotless, the staff was awesome and attended to our every need, the lake was set at the perfect swimming temp. The lodge has a fantastic food menu and even a huge party room.

10/10 would recommend to a friend, family member, priest or even your local drug dealer.

No complaints here! See you next year Sunbanks.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

If you want to over spend, never sleep and feel completely disrespected as a customer on your holiday weekend, look no further.

This is my first bad review on TripAdvisor in the years I have been using it. I am in my twenties, I enjoy partying and having fun. That being said, I can respect rules and the environment I am in when I choose to do so. I know that companies such as Sunbanks have no way of knowing what kind of crowd will be staying in their camping spots until they are there. What they CAN do though is control a “frat” party in the middle of their campsite that is keeping everyone else up with music and obnoxious partying until 4 AM!

Our first night this party kept us up until 4 AM, we complained once and the staff said they were going to shut it down, we never saw them stop by. We were educated by staff that their noise policies states all music and partying must be shut down after 11 PM- so they were choosing to not enforce their own rules. The next night, after the 11 PM mark, we went up to the lodge to have them do something. We told them what was happening and they acted like it was a joke. They drove by once after we complained another time and both of our neighbors (with small children crying) couldn’t sleep at 1AM. We finally had to call the cops- where they ended up taking a couple minors.

The part that really gets me is the next morning we wanted to talk to the manager, but he was “not here but he’ll be back”. We waited for him but never showed and as we waited we saw one of the SECURITY GUYS DRIVING ONE OF THE FRAT KIDS TO GER BEER AT THE GIFT SHOP IN HIS GOLF CART!!!! After they had been complained about for 2 nights and cops had to come in to the site!

It was the biggest slap in the face, just goes to show that they do not take customers issues seriously and that the staff doesn’t abide to laws of minors drinking by almost encouraging it.

We saw one of the families packing up, we asked if Sunbanks was able to find them a new spot, they said they weren’t even going to bother and call their family vacation short.

If this isn’t a big issue you for you, just remember you’ll be spending about $100 to sleep on top of someone else’s camp site. This place has no value. There are no showers, flushing toilets and you will literally be slammed into a camping spot that clearly was once a parking lot space.

If this isn’t an issue for you, then you have found your ideal vacation spot! Personally I would rather take my money and spend it where I feel respected as a customer- oh and where I don’t have to hear a 17 year old puking by my head.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Jerry J, General Manager at Sunbanks Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

We would like to apologize to you and your family for the terrible experience you encountered while staying at Sunbanks. We pride ourselves on every customer who stays at Sunbanks to have a positive fun experience and unfortunately that did not happen and for that we are sorry. We would like to welcome you back at no cost to you and your family, we will be working on the issues you encountered, so that next time your experience is more enjoyable.

We are addressing the issues you stated with our security staff, to be sure this will not happen again. The bathrooms which are right beneath the lodge are always kept up and we clean them frequently during the day and night. As the General Manager my staff and I work very hard to make your stay pleasant and when that does not happen we correct the problem.

Thank you for your comments.

Jerry Jones

Reviewed 5 April 2018

One of the filthiest place I've ever been. Carpet stains everywhere, heat/AC filter has never been changed so you are breathing air filled with dust and dirt. Ceiling fan blades (which are white) are black with dirt and dust. Ceiling light in bathroom is full of dead flies. Had to clean bird poop off the cheap, plastic, deck chairs before using. Bird poop all over the outside of the unit as well as the windows...obviously never cleaned. The mattress (queen only) old, funky, and you roll to the middle. Irony - they charge you an extra $35 "cleaning" fee...really! They "clean" before you check in and again when you leave. Don't all places do that? They charge extra for cleaning and then don't clean. The employees have the attitude that you are bothering them. Bottom line - DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slippers12018
Jerry J, General Manager at Sunbanks Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

we apologize that your stay was not a good one we strive to do our very best to make sure that each of our customers stay is an enjoyable one I wish you would have contacted us while you were here so that we could of at least tried to help instead of after your Full stay I am not sure why you would say that the place was filthy when you talked to me on the phone you clearly stated that it was very clean and you even referenced how clean the refrigerator was I want to assure you that after you did contact us I personally went and looked at the villa you were staying in 807 and Inspected it and although admittedly it was not perfect it was far from being a health hazard there was streaks on the fan blades where you can tell that it was wiped down but far from being black and yes there were some carpet stains but clean and yes the light in the bathroom needed to be taken down and cleaned and we are very sorry that our deck chairs were not up to your pricing standards Not sure what else that I could have done to appease you besides the agreed upon return of the cleaning fee