“Great Super 8”
Review of Super 8 Ellensburg

Super 8 Ellensburg
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Great accommodations for our overnight stay. The rooms are clean and well appointed and the staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sprint08

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I am a nurse who works nights/sleeps days and live out of town. Tom and his staff have gone out of their way to provide me with quiet accomodations that are very comfortable and clean. They have been very supportive, and the most cheerful folks I have ever seen or met in a hotel. Whatever I need they provide whether its a new pot of hot water for tea or directions around town. They call me by name when I walk in the door at 0730 and my room is always ready. Even when there was a band contest in town they saved a room for me! I'm sure they could have rented it out and told me to find another place but they didn't. I'm happy to have found them!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rhonda J
ellensburgs8, Manager at Super 8 Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and accomodations. We take pride in providing the best possible service to all of our guests all of the time as well as providing the type of accomodations that the traveling public expect. Again all of us want to thank you for your comments and are looking forward to accomodating you in the future.

GM-Super 8
Ellensburg

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Perfect if you need a cheap room for a night.
I got in at around 3 and booked the cheapest room they had, a queen room for 80 bucks.
The decor is a bit outdated, but I hardly expect marriot quality at a super 8.
Each room has an AC, which is really nice if you're like me and looooooove to sleep in cold bedrooms. A very nice indoor little pool and spa with an attached patio makes for a great afternoon of swimming and tanning.
The only qualms I really had is that my room smells kinda funky when you first walk in, but you get used to it real quick. Also, the breakfast closes kinda early at 9am. I think 11 would be better.
The hotel is kinda on the edge of town, but since ellensburg is so small, it's not that big of a deal.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our Super 8. We sincerely appreciate receiving positive feedback from our guests. I will pass those comments on to the rest of the staff. We also welcome the comments regarding improvements we can make in our service and accomodations. We are continually striving to improve our service and accomodations. Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

GM - Super 8
Ellensburg

Reviewed 6 March 2012

If you stay at this hotel you will be spoiled! customer service used to be a standard for any business, these days it seems to be failing in most locations. Our stay here was the result of a snow storm that had the pass closed. with two children it is usually hard to find a suitable room for our needs. the night desk clerk busted her butt to make sure we had two cribs and lots of sheets and blankets.

after leaving the hotel we realized that my wife had left a large solitaire diamond on the night stand. the hotel called us the next day and held the ring until we could return ( about 6 weeks later)

You would expect to hear a horror story with the words "super 8" and "lost ring". not this time. the staff and management at this location are indeed SUPER!

THIS HOTEL WILL BE FIRST CHOICE ANYTIME WE ARE IN THE AREA.

--Dan & Family.

Room Tip: our room was first floor, very quiet and clean
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 365dan_and_family365
ellensburgs8, General Manager at Super 8 Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you for you kind words regarding our Super 8 in Ellensburg, Washington. We pride ourselves on keeping our property clean and even more important is that we go that extra mile to insure we have provided the best service possible. Again, thank you and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

GM/Super 8
Ellensburg, Wa.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

They have remodeled somewhat so this review is good for maybe another 6 months.
Anyway this one feels a bit better than most 8...I slept well here,it didnt smell, and it was clean.
Ellensburg sucks and has little good food...some things dont change... but this 8 is ok as long as they continue to re carpet and Dont use foul smelling perfume chemicals that some cheap motels still use.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Last year (December 2010) I visited this hotel and they had an awesome level of customer service, and I remembered thinking that even though the property lacked the amenities other properties come standard with, that the people made it with it. That is why I chose to stay here again as I passed through, but this time the experience is quite different. It took seriously 15 min for the clerk to show up at the desk, and there were 3 other people waiting when I got there. How long had they waited? The property was less clean, dirty chairs in the breakfast room, stains throughout the hallway carpeting, but most of all when there was a problem with the bill the clerk said he could not make the correction but that I could talk to the manager Monday, which I was okay with albeit a bit irritated. On monday and several days following, I called and left several messages and he never called me back. I don't know where I will stay next time but it won't be here, maybe I will just push through to Seattle.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
ellensburgs8, Manager at Super 8 Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

February 16, 2012
Dark Angel Guy

The two most important things that we have to offer to our guests is the cleanliness of our property and the service that we provide to all of our guests all of the time. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant guest experience that you had when you were here. I have taken steps to insure that the concerns that you mentioned have been taken care of. I do appreciate you taking the time to let me know. Without input such as yours we can not make the necessary changes.

Tom Zett Manager – Ellensburg Super 8

Reviewed 30 November 2011

The small town atmosphere of Ellensburg was enhanced by the great service at this Super 8. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The smell of smoke was in the hallways but the room smelt good , and I am a fussy non-smoker when it comes to smell. The blankets could use an upgrade however the old ones where fine.The continental breakfast was okay but they should try to have some freash fruit available. Location of this motel was average for us only because we were visiting family downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#4 of 11 in Ellensburg
Econo Lodge near Suncadia Resort

Been to Super 8 Ellensburg? Share your experiences!