“Returned with friends” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spurs Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Spurs Bar & Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Skagway
“Returned with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Returned to Ellensburg with friends to watch a BB Game. We ended the evening with a late night awesome meal at the Spur. This family owned and operated restaurant does an amazing job and deserves 5 stars. We will be back.

• Visited February 2014

Phoenix
“Barely open, no greeting, just a sign to look for the Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I can't say anything about the food, but while I was walking around trying to find a human, I did see a dried out salad bar. The Potato salad looked good actually and probably house-made but it too was dry. Then I found the Bar, realized it was connected to the Hotel there. No one spoke to me still, there were a couple of guys at the bar but it didn't feel friendly enough to go in. I left, still never saw anyone. I went back toward Ellensburg to the Roadhouse and had a great lunch, see the review.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ellensburg, Washington, United States
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a great restaurant and always provides good food and great atmosphere. Would eat here any time.

• Visited September 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I wanted to relax and enjoy my meal and my server didn't rush me! that's NEW in my experiences! Had a great time watching the game and even tho the lights went out because on a lightning storm it was even more Fun. Great Job everyone! You all worked very hard. To Brett the owner/MGR? try not to run out of food. I was looking forward to the steak I wanted but you were out, and had to order something way different and by the time I got my food it was cold. Just an FYI I will be back despite the issue because of your staff. They made it great Wish I would have gotten their names! No worries I recommend your restaurant!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Brent S
bret44, Owner at Spurs Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Hey there,
I really do apologize about that.
We have recently just taken our 12oz NY strip off the menu and I beleive thats what you ordered.
We have decided to add our Pork Marsala Steak for our substitute. It seems to be a big hit as of recent and we just were not getting many NY Strips ordered. We will reintroduce our NY as of November 1st and give it another go. as for the food being cold there is no excuse for that. We would be happy to get you dinner on us the next time we see you. I appreciate the honesty and we will learn from this.
Thanks again,
Bret
“3-”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

On a Friday night, our onetime dinner experience was close to average yet not quite there. All ingredients were good but when they put together after cooked/prepared, some of the dishes didn't get tasted harmoniously or just overly used butter. Service was quick and attentive, price range was reasonable, however decor was dated. its location was convenient for travelers staying in hotels nearby to grab some quick meals.

Visited August 2013
bret44, Owner at Spurs Bar & Grill, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
It never feels good to read reviews like this one. I have to say that is embarrassing and we will not tolerate mediocraty from our kitchen. I strongly believe that maybe it was just an off night for our kitchen. Rarely does that occur but when it does I appreciate your response, I wish I knew what you ordered so we could fix the issue. I have to say, the decor is getting better in the Restaurant, If you would have seen it before we took this Restaurant over 2 years ago I think that you would understand just how much better it is than it was, We have ephasized changing the appearance in the bar first, for that is where a majority of our customers tend to land. Thanks and we will continue to put more money into the Restaurant side over time. Rome was not built in a day.
Thank you for your response and plz keep in touch so i can get you your next meal on us.

Bret