“Good solid Best Western”

Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a good nights sleep, a 24 hour pool and hot tub, and an easy access on and off the freeway. It is also far enough from the freeway that you don't hear the traffic. The breakfast is the normal fare of bagels, waffles, cereal, yogurt ect. The room was clean, the staff friendly. I chose it because it was dog friendly and was happy to see such a nice area to take my dog for a walk.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cmtwings
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

I is great to hear that you had a wonderful night's rest while visiting us! I love that my housekeeping staffs' efforts to keep our guest rooms as clean as possible are showing. I hope that you and your dog got to walk to the nearby lake as it is a great place to walk or just relax. We look forward to your next visit with us soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Checked in to spend the fourth in town. SUPER friendly staff. Really nice and clean facility. Using the wifi as we speak :) Was hoping to use the 24hr pool when we got back from the local fireworks show but my wife and daughter just wanted to crash LOL.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank blswim
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

I am glad your visit to Ellensburg proved to a relaxing one! Thank you for your wonderful reveiw of our property, my staff take pride in all they do to keep our facility clean and well kept.
We look forward to your next visit when you will get to jump on in to our pool to cool off this summer!
See you soon!!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We have traveled quite a lot since we retired 10 years ago. Every thing about this motel was a 5 star experience. Lindsay made our stay fabulous, was so very kind and helpful, and treated us as if we were royalty. I have never really encountered a motel that made me feel like it was my home away from home; Best Western, Ellensburg did exactly that! Thank you Lindsay and all the rest of the extraordinary folks working there. You brought " Customer Service" to another level.

Room Tip: Trust the front desk folks to get you where you need to be.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deb P
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you so very much for your generous review! We strive to make our hotel as warm and welcoming as possible! It also gives me great pleaseure in being able to recognize my staff for doing a wonderful job, Thank you for this opportunity! We look forward with great pleasure to your next vist "home"

Reviewed 18 June 2012

This hotel has a policy that it automatically debits your credit card in the wee hours of the morning while you are asleep whether you want it or not. As Canadians, we pay cash when we check out as our Visa charges 2 1/2% on top of the exchange rate they set so our already expensive hotel room (much more expensive then other hotels we stayed at) ended up costing us more than we had budgeted for. The front desk wasn't very concerned when we pointed out that we should have been told that this Express Check-out was hotel policy. Beware if you don't want your credit card debited and if the hotel management reads this review then please tell your staff to at least give your guests the choice of how they wish to pay!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denise k
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have had because of these charges that were made to your card during your recent stay with us! We require a valid credit card at time of reservation, as well as morning of the stay to ensure there are proper funds for the stay. Again, I would like to apologize for and kind of inconvenience you had in light of our policy here at the hotel.
We have used the “express checkout” method so that it is more convenient for our guests at the time of their departure so that when they are done in their rooms they are all set to go and do not have to stop by the front desk to “check out”. We have found this process to be very successful thus far as our guests have seemed to appreciate the ease of the check-out process.
We do hope that you will come visit us again soon and we can make your next stay more enjoyable!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

The staff at this hotel helps to take this property to higer level than the price point (brand) would normally warrant. As we have strong family ties to Ellensburg, we visit the area frequently and have tried a number of different offerings, from the most expensive to more modest hotels. This hotel strikes the best balance, especially when planning a stay of several days. The breakfast room is bright, clean and well run. Breakfast has a good variety of hot and cold options, as well as excellent coffee (Seatles Best). All of the amenities were well-kept and there are even a couple of gas grills available for the guests to barbeque on.

We'll be back!!

Room Tip: Ice and vending services are only available on the the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review! We do strive to keep our hotel as clean and comfortable as possible! We have just recently made some changes to our breakfast so that the options are both plentiful as well as nutritional.

I am glad that we could keep you comfortable while you were here visiting your family!
We look forward to your next visit here with us! :)

Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at the ellensburg best western for my first time in May of 2012. I checked in very late and the guy behind the counter was very attentive and courteous I belive his name was David. I came up to the room and was very pleased to see a kitchen. I went right to bed in the comfortable beds and got my wake up call right on time. I then, at 5am, was able to use the exercise room. I was amazed to see it open. I took a shower witch was nice and hot also amazing. I was running a little late for work and was also able to grab a muffin from the breakfast room on my way out. The breakfast room was full of people but all was clean and there was plenty of food. This was an awesome experience. I will definately use this Best Western again when I come back to Ellensburg.

Room Tip: 24 hour pool and fitness
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

It gives me great pleasure to find that you had such a wonderful experience with us here in Ellensburg! I always love hearing when my guest's had a great night with us! I will be sure to let my breakfast attendant as well as David know how their efforts went to make your stay more enjoyable, I am sure it will make their day in knowing this.
I thank you for your encouraging review of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit here with us!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

This hotel was one of the most expensive I stayed at on a recent road trip. There is really nothing special about the property. I got better value at other hotels on the trip. The breakfast is what you'd expect at this price level. The rooms are a bit on the dark side.

The hotel is pet friendly so you have to take pet noises into account. I stayed on the ground floor near the back entrance and there was considerable traffic with people taking their pets out the back.

The hotel is a bit off the main streets so you have to hunt for it.

The front desk staff was quite helpful.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ground floor rooms near the back if pet traffic bothers you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
BWEllMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

I am so very sorry the location of your room was an issue for you while visiting with us. We try to take care of our guests that are bothered by pets so that you don't hear the comings and goings of them. I thank you for your honest review so that we can continue to make improvements to our hotel for our guests.
I do hope that you will come and visit us again.
Thank you again for your honest opinion of our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
#5 of 11 in Ellensburg
Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center Ellensburg
Best Western Snowcap Lodge
Best Western Plus Yakima Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!