“Clean and Modern”
Review of Motel 6 Ellensburg

Motel 6 Ellensburg
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My brother and I stayed here on our way to Seattle from Glacier National Park. The girl at the desk was very nice and bubbly, especially for how late it was when we arrived. The sign said the rooms had been remodeled and they weren't kidding! The floor looked like hardwood (but weren't) and everything was sort of minimalist/modern. It was definitely a different feel, but it was very clean and the beds were comfortable, even though they weren't attached to the actual bed frame (so be warned if you toss a lot in your sleep...). I like that the sink is not in the bathroom with the toilet; a nice feature when traveling with other people. Overall, it was a good night's sleep and good service; I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed two nights while attending a function in the area. Compared to the other hotels the price was right. Beds weren't anything to brag about, but we were able to sleep. Its not the Ritz, but it works. It has recently been refreshed, very functional for the price. Great office staff, very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My brother and I as C,W.U. grads. in the early 90's knew this place as the "Thunderbird Hotel" and lounge and lived within a few hundred yards of this place. it was a a big party spot for us college students. featuring a wicked coctail called the "Manhandler" good times! anyway bro and I returned for a golf getaway on two occasions recently and were very pleased. motel 6 , did a great job renovating the property. clean room, hot shower, walking to anywhere. nice work! not Suncadia Resort . $49.00 + tax are you kidding me?

Room Tip: upstairs, to avoid noisy guests, this is not a couples retreat ,passing through etc, acceptable for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The motel has recently been totally remodeled. No carpet on the floor; some kind of vinyl which makes it cleaner. Very updated bathroom sink. Very modern tv "cabinet" but there are not enough flat surfaces to place your suitcases, etc. No regular closet; a few hooks and hangers on the wall. There are no pictures or any decorative items in the room. Could use better pillows and more bedding. It had a huge parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverly D
Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

Yes the remodel looks like it was done by 6 year olds, with leftovers gathered from a discount store but it was clean. I stayed on a weekday and only for a few hours but the price was right and it was clean.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank cagollehon78
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed one night. Fresh remodel of this old motel was poorly done. Flat pillows. Thin blanket. Funky room layout. Light switches for bed strangely located, both on one side and so far away you had to get out of bed to reach them. No carpet on floor. Guy in office nice.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Pros: Close to downtown and the University, coffee/cocoa packets in the lobby in the morning, and inexpensive.
Cons: Paper thin walls, rooms are un-inviting and sterile, barely-there blankets.

I was in town for the Alumni Homecoming and we wanted a place close (walking distance) to the University. We searched and found that the old Thunderbird Motel had been bought out and turned into a Motel 6. We saw a few photos on the internet and the reviews here made me feel like it would be a good option. We arrived and had a fairly seamless check-in and they let us in a little early - which was nice because we were able to go right to the football game! The room was only two units from the street though, and seeing as we were one of the first to check in, I would have thought they would have given us a little nicer location. Having too much on our agenda we didn't go and ask to be moved. Big mistake on our part. We ended up getting about 3 hours of sleep because of the combination of the constant traffic and our neighbors *ahem* going at it all night long. The rooms themselves were okay, they felt VERY sterile (which is better than being dirty/gross I guess) the floors were laminate, no carpet; the bed was on a platform and had the thinnest "blanket" I've ever seen in my life - I woke up freezing several times; the sink is outside the bathroom which is nice. They only provide bar soap in the shower, no other amenities. The tv was a nice flat-screen, so that was a plus.

Overall, we paid half of what we would have spent anywhere else, but paid the price. OK staff, coffee in the morning in the lobby, but really nothing else that would even make me think about staying here again. Next time we are in Ellensburg, we will gladly pay more to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the road as possible, and not near any other overnight guests if pos...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple