“Rhe room smells and free wi-fi not so great but you get what you pay for.”
Review of Motel 6 Ellensburg

Motel 6 Ellensburg
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I don't expect a lot from Motel 6 but the room has an awful smell and it's orange. I did look at a picture so that wasn't a surprise but what an awful color - not relaxing at all. Wi-fi service wasn't great. Lost internet access. The girl who checked us in was very nice. I think next time I'll pay a little more. No more Motel 6 for me.

• Stayed: November 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Ellensburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Kimmielu,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the wifi and odor conditions you encountered. The issues you experienced are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I arrived thinking from the exterior "uh oh". Went into office and was treated very well. Got to my room and am pleasantly surprised. Clean, spacious and I had a cute little kitchenette. I'm here for a week, and wasn't willing to spend $100+ a night. The price was right AND I read the review from July 2013 first!! Defiantly bare bones (I had to buy coffee filters so I could have in room coffee) and do bring shampoo. Lol! Otherwise I'm happy with the choice.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We love coming to Ellensburg every year for the Rodeo. We been three times now. Each time we have stated at the Motel 6.

The rooms have been remolded and so it gets better with each year. I recommend the rooms with kitchen. It was small but very efficient for the two of us. We had all the utensils needed to make enjoyable meals saving us a lot of money during our stay. Oh and don't forget to visit Irene Reinhardt Riverfront Park and Canyon Road as the the Yakima River slices through Basalt Cliffs and beautiful wildlife.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

My husband, 2year old, family pooch and myself stayed here for one night in july. I was pleasantly surprised by the laminate flooring (I hate carpet), the modern furniture, huge closet for gear and the little kitchen. All for a great price! The place is close to town and has a pool. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank flyinprincess
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The last previous review was from 2011 because this place was bought by Motel 6 in 2012 and remodeled. It's still bare bones (bring your own shampoo), but clean and modern. It was the last place with vacancy this weekend, which I'm guessing is because of the outdated reviews. 5 stars given that it's a mere $75 for two queen beds on a summer saturday night.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was a bit disappointed with my stay at this motel. I have been an owner an operator in the retail business for the past 30 years. My first encounter at this establishment was very negative. I had arrived an hour prior to check in, (I take responsibility for not checking the check in time), it was hot this past weekend, I was tired from driving several hours and just wanted to rest a bit prior to my meeting. When I walked into the office, I told the young lady that I had a reservation, her first and only reaction was, you cannot check in until 3, and must come back. Wow, my day got longer..

The room I stayed in had been updated, but I felt it had not gone far enough. The tub should either been replaced or a shower put in its place. The window in the tub area was extremely buggy, with some mold. It looks like whoever cleaned the room, was making no effort to clean that window.

In the room itself, some of the floor molding had come loose, although it was under the table it made me think that someone is not inspecting the rooms to keep them up to par. Sleeping that night on the bed was terrible, the mattress was sitting on a piece of plywood, and the mattress had very little movement. Unless all other establishment have no vacancies, I would be taxed to stay at this motel..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John J
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My brother and I stayed here on our way to Seattle from Glacier National Park. The girl at the desk was very nice and bubbly, especially for how late it was when we arrived. The sign said the rooms had been remodeled and they weren't kidding! The floor looked like hardwood (but weren't) and everything was sort of minimalist/modern. It was definitely a different feel, but it was very clean and the beds were comfortable, even though they weren't attached to the actual bed frame (so be warned if you toss a lot in your sleep...). I like that the sink is not in the bathroom with the toilet; a nice feature when traveling with other people. Overall, it was a good night's sleep and good service; I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Hampton Inn Ellensburg
Holiday Inn Express
#4 of 11 in Ellensburg
Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
Econo Lodge near Suncadia Resort

Been to Motel 6 Ellensburg? Share your experiences!