Ellensburg KOA
US$108
HIExpress.com
US$78
Priceline
All reviewsbathrooms were cleanyakima riveropen to the publicnew ownersone night staycabinbanpoolsrestroomscablesewertvhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This park sits between I90 and the Yakima River with some of the tent camping area running under Thorp Hwy, so there will be road noise. The water, 30/50amp, sewer site are all up front where most of the road noise is the loudest. The rest of the sites are a mix of 30/50 amp power and water only, so if you don’t need the sewer hook-up, stay in the back corner of the park where the road noise is not as bad. The road around the park is smooth gravel, no problem for big rigs but the park is heavily treed and some large ones sit near the road so take it slow. The campsites thru out the park have shared power/water pedestals, so you will also be sharing a grass area with 2 picnic tables and 2 fire rings. Some sites along the river are pull-in only because of the hook-ups and they make great campsites for motorhomes because the windshield is looking out over the river. Being a big rig (40ft), we were too big to take advantage of the river sites available but we did get a nice pull-thru that had a bit of open sky for our satellite. Sprint phone and 3G worked well as did the parks free WIFI. Bathrooms, showers and laundry were all clean and the park grounds were well kept. The only downside is there seems to be no breed restrictions on dogs and there were a lot in the park, most kept on lead.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobncamille
Management response:Responded 22 September 2017

My wife and I just purchased this beautiful KOA in August 2017 and we can't take credit for "back then", but we did want to respond and ask you to visit us again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here two nights at a river site - park extremely clean and well cared for. View from our site was outstanding overlooking the river. Staff was friendly and attentive. Pool and laundry on site. Excellent location as a stop over or for a weekly stay. Very dog friendly with lots of trails.

Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view site
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beave8920

Reviewed 4 July 2014

we pulled in to our river side spot and loved it. the shower house is a little old and ventilation could be better. the fire pits are great and the wood pile you can purchase last for a nice little evening fire.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STinMB

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed one night at this KOA. The grounds were clean as were all the facilities. I would stay here again and recommend it, however there are a few things that should be noted. First, the tent sites are next to a roadway overpass that has regular traffic resulting in vehicle noise at all hours. I found I could tune it out, so not a major problem for me. Second, the tent site grounds really need some work. They are very uneven, bumpy and sloped. I had a hard time placing my two person tent. Also the picnic tables should have the bird poo and other goo cleaned off on a regular basis. That would help with the overall comfort of the site.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Our family camped here on our way to Seattle. We made reservations, but when we arrived the campground wasn't full so we were asked if we would like to change our site for one "along the river." When we pulled into our site, it was right next to the Yakima River which is a small, tree-lined river. From our campsite we enjoyed watching birds flying along the water, and several rafters floated by us as well. If you stay here consider asking for one of these sites.

This is a fairly small campground with basic facilities. The bathrooms are older but were clean. It is a short drive to Ellensburg where you can find a few privately owned shops.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family