“Come hungry!”

Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are privileged to have some of the best farmers on the eastside of Washington State, including some of the best wines and microbrews. To insure quality and freshness we work with local seasonal ingredients, we focus on baking all our bread daily, cutting our own meats and using only the freshest ingredients.
Tacoma, Washington
“Come hungry!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We always make it a point to dine at The Yellow Church while in Ellensburg. Great place for celebrating momentous occasions in our family. The food is always great and there's something on the menu for everyone. The wine list is adequate. The waitstaff are pleasant and efficient. Just one caveat: Don't go if you're just slightly hungry! The plates are piled high and I have yet to finish an entire meal there. It's best to ask before ordering as we have found that some dishes can easily be shared. The Yellow Church is a jewel and worth a visit or two!

Freedom, Indiana
“A little pricey but would go there again”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A friend and I went there for a Sunday evening meal. Our waitress was wonderful, the church is charming. I had the trout with pea and corn risotto, my compadre had the baked chicken and we had the humus appetizer. The food was good but I thought it was a wee bit over priced, actually a lot overpriced. The trout was 25 bucks and sides are ala carte, most ranging from 4-8. I would go back to try the baked goods as they looked wonderful but it would have to be for a special occassion.

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Got room for 18 people at the last minute? You bet!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were in Ellensburg for a statewide meeting and realized we hadn't figured out dinner plans for the group. While we didn't all need to be at a huge table, we did want to be in the same restaurant. I'd heard from a friend that the Yellow Church Cafe was good, so I email a request for 16 people for dinner. I said 4 tables were fine. I got an immediate response that we had the reservation.

When we got there for dinner, we discovered our hosts had set up one long table for us with an incredible waitress. She didn't bat an eye at our request for separate checks. Or when 2 more people showed up for our group that we weren't expecting. Local microbrew and wine came along with their delicious bread. Dinner orders were given and meals received without error. And the food was fantastic. I had the risotto and scallops dish - a little pricy for Ellensburg, but well worth it. I never order seafood inland, but it sounded so good I couldn't resist. Glad I did!

Everyone had a great time. I was thanked by several of the group for finding our spot. And we'll be back - no doubt about it. Thanks to Oscar and his staff for a lovely dining experience!

1 Thank LindaChalkerScott
Milwaukee
“Food is good, a little pricy for what you get”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The food was very good. Have eaten here several times. This last time I had the scallops and risotto, risotto was very good. Scallops were very over cooked and also noticed they appeared to be cut in half to make it appear as though there were more on the plate. Server did fix the problem and new scallops were made correctly. I think for the quality of the food the price seemed to be expensive. Went to breakfast there the next day. The eggs were made incorrectly, server asked for plate back, eggs were recooked with added ingredients. The eggs became very dry and the dish had to be remade. Also, there were no menus available for us upon sitting down and the food took 40 minutes. I do not like to send food back however, I feel the quality of food should meet the price. I did enjoy the food here, just a few minor problems.

Spokane, Washington
“Oh My...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The best chocolate cake I have ever eaten was at the Yellow Church Café. Good thing I had two CWU students to share it with!

Visited September 2013