“A great little place to stay in Ellensburg.”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Bothell, Washington
“A great little place to stay in Ellensburg.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

This was a great place to stay with kids. The staff was very nice and the rooms were very well insulated to sound. They easily accomodated our small dog. The free breakfast was decent. The pool was fun for the kids.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back have a view.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

We stayed in a suite with two queen beds and a pullout. I did not sleep well, uncomfortable bed. They need to get rid of the wallpaper, wash the blankets and please change the beds. The room and bathroom needsto be updated. I would not stay again. They also need to be upgraded their buffet. We would not eat the eggs, the waffles were average at best. We had to go to Jack in the Box, so buffet didn't save us any money. If cleanliness or new is top on your list, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bball-Mom03
Manager-Ellensburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 2 May 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Our goal is to ensure that every guest has an exceptional experience while staying with us and we are disappointed to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. You stated our hotel needs updating which is surprising as our hotel is only 5 years old. There is also some other details of your stay that we would love the opportunity to discuss with you further. We have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee policy called our “Hospitality Promise” and we want to make sure we do what is right to make this up to you. Additionally, we want to take the necessary steps to ensure these issues do not arise again. Please contact us toll free at (855) 962-9400 or by email at ellensburgHIE@yahoo.com. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for sharing your comments.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

I have a very high standard for hotels. But we were in a small town and I wasn't expecting the greatest accommodations and was ready to be okay with what ever kind of room we got. I have never been so happy to be wrong! I don't use the word "giddy" very often, especially not to express my own self, but I was absolutely giddy! From the great service at the front desk with the welcoming lobby, to the amazing room with soft soft sheets and pillows and comforters. I normally wake up at 6:30, even on weekends. That day, we didn't wake up until 9:00 we were so comfy! We took so long to get out of bed that we missed the continental breakfast! Highly recommend. Hope all Holiday Inn Expresses are this awesome!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kj_chin
Havelock, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

Traveled cross country to drop our child off at college. The hotel accommodations made the trip more comfortable at a time that was emotional! We are a well traveled military family, so have spent many nights in hotels across country as well as overseas. This hotel has, by far, been the best quality hotel I have stayed in and I have stayed in some upscale hotels. I look forward to my return to Ellensburg and without a doubt will book with HIE. The rooms were very clean. The Staff were customer service friendly. The breakfast was wonderful! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

• Stayed September 2010
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

One stay is all it took. This small town HIE is awesome. Friendly staff that go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. Amenities are fine as per most HIE, breakfast was good. Staff that really care separates this hotel from many others.........would highly recommend HIE Ellensburg!!

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank DJRCanada
Canuck in Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

After reading the other reviews, I conclude that there must be two Holiday Inn Express locations in Ellensburg or else I had the privilege of staying in the single worst room in the hotel. This HI Express rates at the very bottom of hotels I have stayed in. The bed was horrible. The mattress felt like it had a hole in it. The bathroom door was broken. The water in the shower came out like the stream from a hose. I am sure it was just a matter of adjusting the shower head, but being as short as I am I had to live with it. About 3 minutes into enjoying my hose shower the water went cold. Ummmmmm? I realize this is a budget hotel, but I do expect things to be in reasonable working order.

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

Nothing bad to say, we stayed over for a short time while traveling to the west coast. Clean hotel, great staff, awesome breakfast, nice pool.

Would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ellensburg Hotel
#5 of 11 in Ellensburg
Days Inn and Conference Center Ellensburg
Quality Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Snowcap Lodge

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!