Holiday Inn Express
Average 3/5
Econo Lodge(Ellensburg)
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskwarm cookiesin townroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyrecommend this hoteltaco del marhot tubyogurtparking lotbreakfast barshower curtainminute drivecentral washington universityoff the highwayafter a long daywe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed here on a Thursday night. Checking in, our room smelled like cigarette smoke, despite it being a non smoking property. The front desk staff moved us to a smaller room without any problems. Our second room was very average in terms of quality. The couch had tears in the fabric and looked very old-- like it was taken out of an old Super 8-- and the bathroom had peeling wallpaper above the shower. The room seemed clean but I was really disappointed in the condition as I was paying $124 for a weekday night stay. Ellensburg is a craphole town to begin with but this experience makes me more motivated to avoid staying in this area in the future-- better to just drive to Cle Elum or Seattle area and pay the same rate for better amenities.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear jd1091,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We will most definitely be back again! We were recently in town for a concert at the Gorge and, coming from Alabama, we didn't know much about the area. At the suggestion of friends, we decided that we would try staying in Ellensburg instead of our usual spot in Moses Lake...what a great choice!! Ellensburg offers a good selection of restaurants, stores for any needs AND it's almost an hour shorter drive to the airport. The staff were helpful and friendly. Our room was perfect...very clean, comfortable and quiet for snoozing. Overall, an outstanding weekend!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed in the hotel last weekend. Our main reason to stay at the hotel was for the hot tub and pool - we were camping the rest of the weekend so it was a treat. Of all the area hotels, I chose the Holiday Inn Express because it is typically clean and everything functioning and the pool and ot tub looked great from the pictures. To my extreme dissapointment, the hot tub did not work. It was hot, but there were no jets, which is what I really wanted - I lean over a desk all day doing nails, so the massage of the jets was the whole reason for going to this particular hotel and paying the $40 more than other hotels. On top of that, I discovered the hand rail was extremely lose and I caught myself almost falling in and banging my head on the cement. The front desk girl was quick to put caution tape and a sign on it. I'm just glad my little girl didn't try using it first.

The room itself was clean and decently quiet, though bring ear plugs just in case, I could hear the guy snoring next door. Something was up with the tv, a lot of basic channels were blocked, which was weird, but it wasn't that important to us. We got there, did the pool then slept, then up early to do the pool before breakfast. Was so sad the jets still didnt work in the am since the bed made my back stiff :-( The breakfast was adequate and replenished hot. .

Room Tip: Might not be worth the extra money staying here when there a few other similar hotels on the same block.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear seattlenailgirl,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here overnight this past weekend for a concert at the gorge, and have to say..this is the perfect location, conviently located right off of the highway. The rooms were very very clean and spacious, breakfast was excellent, love the cinnamon rolls!! Will definatly be coming back next summer for our annual summer concert.

Room Tip: call ahead for early check in
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This is a great place to stay in Ellensburg. The rooms are immaculate with super clean bathrooms. Service is excellent with very friendly staff and they serve an excellent hot breakfast. The scrambled eggs here were great. We particularly liked the bucolic views from the breakfast room with tables overlooking the fields, this made you feel like you were staying on a country estate. Very nice!

Take note: two weeks before we stayed at the Best Western Lincoln Inn suites which was more expensive and had filthy bathrooms. The Holiday Inn Express is a far better choice. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the fields at the rear of the hotel. Nice and quiet. They give a good rate to seniors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple