“I was blown away!”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It has been a real long time since I stayed in a holiday inn property. My company put me up here for the week and wow I was like this is Holiday inn? It was much nicer than many hiltons I have stayed in! The rooms were good size and beds were awesome! Very clean and new and the breakfast was big and lot of options! the people at front desk were professional and very CS friendly. I dare say the nicest place in Eburg and as I said better than many fancy chains I have stayed in with big names! I was impressed and you would be too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fatheadboby
Matt A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

So glad we knocked your socks off! We work hard to satisfy our corporate guests and it's always nice to hear when it is paying off. We hope to be seeing more of you and your company!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Everything you would expect for a hotel in this price range.Nice lobby,good facilities,very comfortable rooms a good hot breakfast.
The thing we noticed was the people.The staff was wonderful.Very accomodating,friendly and most happy to make us feel at home.
The housekeeping staff went out of their way to work around our schedule with our dog
Although ,everyone was great,we have to single out Johanna and Konstantine at the front desk and Peg in the breakfast area.
We would recommend this hotel to anybody.
Fred and Rita Prout

Room Tip: We had a nice room overlooking a brook.We watched a pair of magpies building a nest,Nice extra touch...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EllensburgExpress-GM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. Konstantine, Peg, and Johanna are some of Ellensburg's finest! With out them at the hotel, we're just not the same. We hope to see you on your next trip through Ellensburg!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights for work. The rooms were clean and nothing was amiss. It is true it is on the strip in Ellensburg where all the hotels and chain restaurants are, but that's ok. Downtown is only a 2 minute drive. I was motivated to write this review because the hotel advertised that they did have HBO, which I was looking forward to (Game of Thrones), but when I got into my room, the TV wasn't working properly and I couldn't get that channel. Konstantin at the front desk was terrific; he came to my room and reset the TV, which took a few minutes of his time. He also corrected a small billing error really quickly the next day. Johanna at the front desk also helped with my complicated direct bill/rewards card issue. It is a basic hotel but the employees really went out of their way to meet my needs.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back overlook a little creek and a farm field, so the view is somewhat pastoral, ra...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
EllensburgExpress-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I love Game of Thrones too! I'm glad you didn't miss that episode. I'm glad our location to downtown worked out for you. The nice thing about Ellensburg is that everything is so close. You can get to Central Washington University just as quick as any of our great antique shops!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

At the risk of sounding snotty, for Ellensburg this is living. Nicely done "business traveler" suites with all the enhanced amenities. Pool, dining area, exercise room, competent staff. Sure it is located in the "freeway ghetto" off I-90 and for sure anyone who stays here is not on a "walking vacation" but the view is good from the top floor and the downtown/campus area is only a few minutes away. As stated in the title, works just fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Delmerson
EllensburgExpress-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

We don't think your being "snotty". Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you appreciated the rooms and amenities. We are very proud of our staff and do our best to see that our guests are comfortable when they are with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Close to the freeway yet quiet. Our room was clean and well kept. Better than standard free breakfast. Desk personnel were friendly and helpful. If I had to find a fault it is that there is no good restaurant within walking distance. But that's not the Motels fault

Room Tip: Higher floors have less ceiling noise
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg M

We are proud of our rooms and our exceptional housekeeping staff that maintains them. In regards to our breakfast - stay tuned! Holiday Inn Express is unveiling a new breakfast bar across the country and we're excited to be a part of it.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here this past weekend. Booked using Priceline "name your price", which I recommend. Saved us over $30 per night. Rooms very clean and tastefully decorated. Beds comfortable. great pillows. Noise in the morning was moderately loud from overhead guests and in the hallway, but tolerable. The front desk staff were cheerful and helpful. Didn't use the pool or utilize the free breakfast (we slept in) but hotel was beautiful and close to many restaurants, shops, the University, etc. I would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nursebec
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The property and room was pretty standard HIE. Location was good, food and gas close by, It was clean, and quite after a long day on the road. There was a cute friendly young lady who was very pleasant to visit working the front desk that night, I forgot her name by now but she was buy far the best front desk person I have ever dealt with on many of trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JimmyEatsitall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
Best Western Snowcap Lodge
Timber Lodge Inn
Timber Lodge Inn
#4 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!