“Great Place”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Ellensburg
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Nothing bad to say, we stayed over for a short time while traveling to the west coast. Clean hotel, great staff, awesome breakfast, nice pool.

Would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 February 2010

Priority Club Dave here. Booked a suite at the HI Express in Ellensburg, which I had chosen over the Hampton Inn because they were booked. It was Valentines weekend, and we went to look for Ellensburg Blue Agate (I know, romantic eh?)
Check in was so fast I scrambled to find my credit card for her to imprint. A welcome bag with water, snacks, and popcorn was really very cool, and the front desk person was so friendly, I wanted to take her out for supper. She was interested in our stay, why we were there, and she hoped we would find everything in order. The room, 3rd floor suite was very very clean, nicely decorated, cozy, and smelled fresh and inviting. Bathroom (which can be a pet peeve of mine) was absolutely shiny clean. Bed , sheets, and pillows were diverse, and very comfortable indeed. Internet access was super fast, and as easy as pressing the "I accept" button on the licensing page.
We stayed two nights, and hit the jacuzzi the first night. The pool area was very clean, water temp was 104 degrees. Only glitch (and I hate hotels that do this) is no bubbles in the jacuzzi. So, we will call this a soaking tub. There were plenty of towels inside the pool area, and furniture was clean and nicely arranged.
Breakfast at HI Express has become a favorite of mine over the last several trips. Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, breads, doughnuts, cereals, juices....etc. I`m a big feller, and I like a nice hearty breakfast, and the new HI Express knows what fills you up....and the quality is good as well. Went into the business center to do some email and played with everything in there. Nice printer, fast internet, and very well maintained. Even had plenty of paper which I did use to print some maps....in color!!!
My wife and I deliberately looked for something wrong to report at this hotel, which isnt really fair in general, but works to The HI Express` advantage here, because we didnt find a thing. (okay, jacuzzi bubbles please)
Kudos to the staff, the management, and maintenance team at Ellensburg Holiday Inn Express. I started my stay with a smile, and ended the same way. If you are travelling through, and need a place to stay, I highly recomend this HI Express. I promise you will not have any complaints.....Oh yah, I heard someone mention the doors were noisy? I listened deliberately for that, and never heard a peep. There were several rooms with children running amok as well, but when they left the hallway, I never heard them again. This hotel is A+ for me. Will definately stay again, and highly recomend.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Enroute to Seattle I became ill and stayed in Ellensburg, WA. The staff at Holiday Inn Express were very helpful in getting me checked in. They even upgraded me and later called to see how I was feeling.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I stayed here twice a one-week timeframe; Thurs/Fri and again on Mon/Tues for business.

My first visit, as soon as my coworker and I walked in the door we were greeted with cold water bottles. I was quite impressed. The rooms were of decent size, beds nice, bathroom clean. It was quite a hot day outside and the AC was already running for us. The 'gym' consisted of 1 elliptical, 1 treadmill, and 1 bike. Not quite sufficient in my book. After that, I decided to relax my muscles in the hot tub, hoping for some soothing jets, but.....the jets did not work. : ( Minus one star. However, plus one star for having a relaxed enough security system that I could still access the hot tub at 3 am when I came back a little tipsy from the bars. : ) The breakfast in the morning was fantastic!! Best complimentary hotel breakfast I've had. Watch out for their 'famous cinnamon rolls'. I didn't figure out until my second stay that they're 410 calories and 50 grams of carbs each!!

For my second stay Mon/Tues, the elevator was broken, and I happened to be staying on the top floor. It was a slight inconvenience, which they comp'ed me $30 for, but I was not able to enjoy this since my company was paying. Other than that, everything was good. No restaurant in the hotel, so I took a walk across the street and found Los Cabos Mexican Cantina. I'm definitely glad I did! 2 Jumbo margaritas and an enchilada later, I was set for the night. : )

I would certainly stay here again if/when I return to Ellensburg.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a week while visiting family. The room was well appointed and easy to settle in to for a longer stay. The beds were comfortable. They do serve a continental breakfast that has both hot and cold breakfast items. They offered a large variety of choices for a variety of diets. The breakfast room was comfortable but we opted not to stay in to eat as the only viewing choice was Fox News.
We had family visit and the pool area and entry area were comfortable for visiting. The hotel is located near several restaurants and fast food establishments so there are several dining options within walking distance.
The exercise room has only a couple pieces of equipment but is easy to use and has convienent hours. We ended up extending our reservation and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful.
We would certainly stay here again when visiting Ellensburg.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We went to a concert at the Gorge Amphitheatre. This hotel was about 40 miles away but an easy drive with some interesting sites along the way.
Close to Starbucks, grocery stores and very close to Ellensburg Pasta House (very good!).
Room was large and cosy - comfortable bed.
Nice pool (indoor) with a small outside seating area.
Great breakfast!! Lots of selection and open 6 am to 9:30.
Very inexpensive - all around great deal.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Donnie51
Reviewed 9 December 2007

Late review.... got busy, but I still think it's there so...
One of the newest hotel in Ellensburg.
By the the nicest in town.
Nice swimming pool, except HVAC is a little raw and loud.
Hot tub nicely designed. Gym is also a nice little one.
Usual HI-Expresss morning grub.
I stay there whenever I go to Ellensburg.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank QZOCK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellensburg
Best Western Plus Ellensburg Hotel
Best Western Snowcap Lodge
Timber Lodge Inn
Timber Lodge Inn
#4 of 7 in Cle Elum

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!