“Decent food and bet on tap”
Review of The Tav

The Tav
Ranked #15 of 109 Restaurants in Ellensburg
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We have friends who live in Eburg, so this is a favorite place to come sit for a while and catch up, and grab nachos and beer, or a burger. The food was better, maybe a lot better, when we first started coming here in 2002, but it's still decent. the rotating beer selection is always good, and the staff is friendly. I come for the atmosphere, the brick walls with the names and initials of those who've come here before, the wonderful enclosed outdoor patio. If you like that kind of place, check it out.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I've been eating at The Tav before it was legally allowed because my dad used to bring it home and it's always been amazing. I'm partial to the shrimp and fries, I've gotten them more times than I can count and I'm never disappointed. The salads are great too, as well as the Texas Toothpicks, and nachos. My husband always gets a burger and comes away happy. This place also has a great atmosphere and serves up great beer. It's fun to come in the summer in an evening to sit outside with live music. They also have an adjoining room for gatherings or parties. I visit the Tav every time I visit Eburg.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We've eaten here several times while visiting Ellensburg and have always had great food and service. Sandwiches are huge (my favorite is the French Dip) and the Manhattan clam chowder is delicious. It's a college tavern but neither too loud nor too noisy. Since we have always had a rather large group they seat us in the back room which is quieter and away from the bar. It's a great spot for great food, simply prepared.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We've come here a lot in the past decade, ever since our friends moved to Ellensburg. Whenever we visit, we try and make it here for a beer, or for dinner. Last week we did both. It was nice enough to sit outside in the wonderful beer garden and enjoy a pitcher of Irish Death and my favorite burger: the Bacon Blue Mother. Yummy. One thing I love about the place is the exposed brick walls inside and out, and the names of past regulars carved into them. We try to sit in our friend's bench when we can; she was a regular back in her college days at CWU. I highly recommend checking this place out... you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stopped on a whim and loved it! Great staff and atmosphere. The food was amazing. Burger cooked to perfection, fresh salad. Server was attentive but not clingy. Great selection of beer. Enticing specials. I will make the trip from Spokane just to eat here again!

Been to The Tav? Share your experiences!