“Comfortable and friendly”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elma
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Comfortable and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

The facilities and room were very clean, bright, quiet, and well maintained. Bed was very comfortable.

Continental breakfast was standard, with cereal, bagels, yogurt, sub-par fresh fruit, etc. Enough selection to get by.

The front staff, Ken, was extremely friendly and helpful.

Overall, a great experience for a night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thanks for staying and reviewing. Our staff works hard to make sure every guest has the "great experience" that you mentioned.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

If all you're needing is a clean, comfortable place to crash, this place will work. There are no real amenities in the room besides an old tube TV, and that's mounted almost on the ceiling. However, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the area was pretty quiet. For a one night crash, I had no problems at all.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank InspectorMartin
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thanks for recoginizing the value we offer at Microtel. We offer satellite TV programming that includes dozens of channels, including the most popular like HBO, ESPN, TNT, Comedy, AMC, FX, CNN, etc.
Tacoma, Washington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed at the Microtel Inn for a horse show March 16-18th. Booked our room in October of 2011, just like we did last year. When we checked in and went into our room, I noticed that we didn't have a refrigerator or microwave. When I went to the front counter, I was informed that my room didn't have one, but for $10 a day, I could have a portable set put in our room. They said that they made changes 6 months prior, taking those items out of some rooms. I explained to them that I had booked my room 5 months prior and was NEVER informed of this change!! They still refused to give me a new room, or just replace those items free of charge...so, needless to say, we were without a refrigerator and microwave for 3 days!!! I was VERY disappointed, and angry with the way I was treated. Unfortunately this is the only nice hotel in that area, and we have 1 more year to visit there. But I definately learned my lesson, so if you stay there, make sure you ask about those items...or you won't get them!!! The only good thing about that hotel is their beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Sounds like a misunderstanding. This hotel has never provided refrigerator/microwaves in all rooms. You may have had one in the past, but you either paid a higher rate or you just got lucky! We actually have now provided choices for our guests, so that the guest that does not want to pay the added cost of a room that has a refrigerator/microwave unit in it does not have to. Doesn't that sound fair? I am glad we were able to offer you the option of having a room with one even though we were full on the weekend you stayed. We find most guests quite delighted that we have that flexibility to roll in a portable unit if there are no upgraded rooms left available.
Elma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My family and I were in much need of a relaxing night away from home after a wonderful performance by the Missoula Childrens Theater. So, we ventured to the next town for dinner with a hotel and . It was a great experience for us all. Whether our kids were filling up on the complementary popcorn or we were using the guest computers, we felt welcomed around the facility & staff. Check-in was easy and quick. And since we overslept our alarm, Beau was kind enough to extend the breakfast time for our convenience. I was very impressed with our stay overall and will stay when the future allows!

Room Tip: upper floors & end rooms are usually quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ashley C
heritagehotelmgmt, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
We are delighted you discovered us! We are a short drive from Aberdeen or Olympia, so a great alternative for a trip to the coast or the Olympic peninsula, or to just get away from hustle and bustle! Other family friendly aspects include that we welcome pets, have a dog run in the back, and offer free use of our large covered patio and gas grills.
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We've stayed here twice in the past year. Both times, the facility was clean and the staff were helpful. Pet-friendly rooms were just as clean and nice as the rest of the hotel. The rooms are small, but this is an inexpensive chain and we got good value for money.
On the second trip, the price for rooms had gone up and we had a few issues with the room. We e-mailed the chain and got an immediate response and positive resolution from both the site manager and chain customer service. Given that, we'll stay there again without hesitation.
Grays Harbor has a very limited choice of clean, safe, pet-friendly lodging. We're glad to have this option.

Room Tip: If you don't like tile floors, ask for one with carpet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bend395
Rochester, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

the young man at the front desk checking me in was very professional and easy to talk to. It a delight having Ken take care of my business. The room was so wonderful that I didn't want to leave. I will see you when I return.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Marysville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed for 2 nights due to business. The staff was more than helpful, when I booked the reservation and after I arrived. This is wonderfully new and clean hotel with everything that I needed. Very comfortable beds with very nice bedding! There are several computers in the lobby for those without lap tops. Popcorn made each night for guests and the "Continental" breakfast was more than I imagined and very fresh!

Room Tip: This is within 40 minutes to Olympia, the Olympics, the ocean. Just a beautiful area and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
sutherlinmicrotel, Owner at Stay Beyond Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
I am so glad you had such a pleasant stay and that you appreciate the comfort and quality Microtel provides. Thanks for staying and taking the time to review us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elma
BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton

Been to Stay Beyond Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!