“Came after Boeing tour, should have come here first.”

Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Everett
More attraction details
Owner description: The aircraft, vehicles and artifacts in the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum are rare treasures of military technology — a testament to the era’s engineering skill and humanity’s spirit during the world conflicts of the 20th century. On rotation in our working hangar are military artifacts from the United States, Britain, Germany, Soviet Union and Japan, acquired by Paul G. Allen and restored with unparalleled authenticity to share with the public. FHCAM is operated by Friends of Flying Heritage, a 501(c)(3) organization committed to educating people about these rare historic aircraft and artifacts. The museum is currently experiencing rapid growth, bringing in exciting new wonders like the Republic F-105 Thunderchief, de Havilland Mosquito and dozens of new artifacts in 2017.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

After visiting the Boeing factory, my wife and I came across the airport to visit the other museum on my list in Everett. I was disappointed with the Boeing tour but wasn't at Paul Allens flight museum. It will appeal to those who love old war birds. I have been lucky to witness many great planes at many museums all over, but I was surprised to see some of toys that Mr. Allen has been able to collect that I have never been able to see in person before. Our guide was entertaining and informative giving the specific history of the planes on display. This museum will not appeal to all (my wife went on ahead of the tour and was ready to leave after an hour or so while I wanted to stay till closing). But if I had a choice between the Boeing tour and the Flight Heritage Collection, I would choose this one.

2  Thank ChrisfromTO
"private collection"
"seattle area"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a very impressive collection of aircraft and military machines that would certainly fascinate all those interested in World War II. But I found it rather overpriced - $14 for an adult - and very difficult to locate. I had initially assumed that, if I drove to Paine Field, I would quickly find signs guiding me to the place. Unfortunately, the signage was very poor and, if it hadn't been for my cell phone GPS, I would never have found it.

There are two hangars to explore and the restorations are quite remarkable. The information provided about the planes is very detailed, often ranging to the names of the particular pilots who flew them and how the planes ultimately made their way into the collection.

2  Thank pds209
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is truly a special aviation museum to visit. I have been around many such museums as a life long passion, and to have this quality of aircraft, and actual combat veteran aircraft, that are flown for the public is exceptional.
Several knowledgeable docents on hand to give you a personal tour if you wish, or to direct you or just answer questions as you wander through the airplanes. Good explanations on how the aircraft are different, and what uses they were designed for, best at, and not so good at. Major emphasis on the rapid change and advancements in technology in a very short span of years.
Friendly welcome from the moment we walked in the the door! Well worth the visit!

2  Thank ClipperCapt
Reviewed 30 April 2014

For any aviation/airplane lover, this is a great collection of WWII planes and historical information. Well managed exhibits and planes are restored to brand new condition. Docents are knowledgeable and provide information matched to the visitors level of interest, from basic overview to full fledge aeroanautical level expert.
Great place to visit after taking the Boeing Plant tour nearby on Paine Field.
Fun for all ages and family types. Reasonably priced entrance fee.

2  Thank MPierce2fly