“Nice hotel, good price!”

Inn At Port Gardner
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Everett
North Vancouver, Canada
“Nice hotel, good price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

We were looking for a lower cost hotel within close proximity to Seattle.  After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to give this one a try.  We were very pleasantly surprised.  It has a great location right on the water.  Three very nice restaurants within walking distance.  We ate at two of them.  The staff was friendly and the rooms were nice.  In addition, we didn't realize when we booked, but there was a nice little breakfast deliver to our door at the time of our choice. We will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steigel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Coronado, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for ten days for a series of meetings in the Everett naval station. It is very conveniently located within walking distance of the naval station gate, yet it feels worlds away. My room overlooked a small marina, which made for a beautiful view from my northwest facing window as the sun set. Every morning I was greeted with a fresh breakfast, which I'd ordered the night before, nicely delivered to my room together with the morning paper. The warm, welcoming lobby contains arts and crafts furniture set around a fireplace; I found it to be a perfect place to settle in the late afternoon with a decaf coffee and fresh chocolate chip cookie (both of which are available 24/7 in the lobby.)
My room was very clean and well-appointed. Bed was comfortable. Great Italian restaurant (Lombardi's) right next door has an delightful happy hour and delicious menu selection. A little further down the road, but still within walking distance, the Scuttlebutt brewery is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Altogether, a fabulous find! I'm definitely staying here every time I come to Everett - business OR pleasure!

Room Tip: Overlooking the marina
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

I had a very early meeting -- 3:30 AM. I went to the lobby, where I startled one of the staff, Theresa. She made fresh coffee, which I sorely needed. Later that day, after checking out, I left my cell phone behind. I called. Teresa returned it to me by USPS Priority Mail. The staff, as well as the outstanding location of the hotel, made my stay rememberable. (Now, I just have to work on my memory.)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time last week and we had a wonderful experience. A jar in the lobby was kept stocked with delicious cookies and the coffee, though not the best, was kept fresh. The rooms were clean and comfortable. About the service we have mixed feelings. A very helpful woman working the desk accommodated us even though we checked in in the early morning hours. She answered all our questions politely and precisely, made sure to take our breakfast orders, and generally went to all lengths to ensure we were happy. A great professional. However, her morning replacement failed to impress. The difference in service was like night and day, no pun intended.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay at the Inn, largely thanks to the charming night receptionist. THANK YOU!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wolf T
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed here before boeing factory tour. Less thsn 30 min away. They had chocolate chip cookies available when we checked in. Could rent movies for free from their library. Waterfront view very nice. Breakfast card gave you choices on what to order, could order as many things as you wanted, and they pack them to go or stay. Told them what time you wanted it. The building is older. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

Unhelpful staff.just read that gym passes were complimentary. No mention made to us of this. Stayed on fourth of July .drove down from Alberta just to see this. Booked this hotel because of proximity to fireworks being shot off from barge in harbor.My husband asked if we could get a good view from our room. Desk clerk just looked mystified. She gave no info on where to view from. Didn't offer to check or to find out time of actual fireworks!she offered no info on restaurants etc. We found out all of the above from a random person walking outside hotel!
I actually expected to sleep the night.The trains were not our problem. The room full of party people was!,the room right next to ours was rented to a group of young men and women who were having a loud party. I phoned down to desk three times to ask for help.The woman on the desk told me that she threatened them with calling the police if they didn't comply. Wow, That had no effect.They continued partying until about 2:30 a.m.the staff person said that the people had just finished work and they wanted"to kick back a bit!". Is this an acceptable thing to say in this hotel??No one at the front desk in the morning knew anything of this incident nor were we offered any compensation for our lost sleep! We paid too much for this horrible night in a very poorly managed hotel. Avoid at all costs. The view isn't worth it!

Room Tip: Stay away .Choose another room in Everett.They should actually train staff to handle guests legitima...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marg266
LisaKayMc, General Manager at Inn At Port Gardner, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Our goal at the Inn was to provide the utmost in customer service. I am truly sorry that you did not feel we met that goal on your recent visit to the Inn. The 4th of July is a very busy time on the marina and unfortunately we can never guarantee or know for sure where the actual fireworks will go off on the marina. we hope that our guests can see from their rooms but, it is an event put on by the city and locations can change in a minute as far as where they barge will be positioned and we have learned from experience that we truly don't know until the fireworks begin where the best view will be. Our staff took the noise complaint very seriously and felt the guest did quiet down when requested, the halls were walked thru the night and all guests at check out were asked if they had any noise issues and we had no complaints. the fireworks did not begin until 10:30pm and so it was a late night for most guests. I am truly sorry that we did not offer more suggestions for your marina dining and we should have explained that the gym was closed on the 4th of july. Our guests satisfaction is so important to us but, there a couple days, New years and the 4th of July where the marina is full of celebration.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Everett
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Tulalip Resort Casino
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 3 in Marysville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,140 reviews

Been to Inn At Port Gardner? Share your experiences!