“January Business trip”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Everett
Lovettsville, Virginia
“January Business trip”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Could not have asked for better location. Get the marina view room! Great restaurants within walking distance. Easy to get to from SEATAC. Only a couple hours drive to the border. Vancouver was an amazing day trip. The service was easy going, not too formal. Laid back comfortable environment.

Room Tip: Marina View, east end.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This inn is set on the dock to the bay and it has beautiful views. The staff was very friendly and even waived my pet fee. They have fresh cookies, coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and the Italian restaurant next door is amazing. The room was clean, bathroom was spotless. We were right by the elevator which made me nervous, but we never heard it. My only complaint was that its right by the train tracks and from 3am to 4am I was unable to sleep due to the crashing and clanking of the train loading.or unloading cars.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank arenee14
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

For those who need to be close to Everett, this is a great alternative to Smokey Point. There isn't much for amenities, but the proximity to the Naval Station is unbeatable. Nice rooms, service, and views.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Steven C
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The room that we got facing the marina was pretty decent. The room was relatively clean, but could use a thorough clean. We found a old coffee filter in the coffee maker and the tile floor in the washroom has a lot of water stains. Otherwise, we like the location. There were several good restaurants close by. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was good. We had a healthy assortment of food to choose from (yogurt, juice, bagel, and granola). We like the lounge area with the big comfy chairs and newspapers to read next to the fireplace.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We chose this motel because it is next to the Naval Base and the Port, and it seems to always be booked up - you would think that being busy would mean it would be clean, but this was not the case. We will never stay at this motel again. We checked into a double queen room with a Marina view. Nice view, but first thing we noticed was the carpet appeared unvacuumed with bits of things on it. Then we saw there was icky white stains on one of the comforters :-( obviously they dont wash comforters between guests. One night-stand lamp had some brown stuff dripped down its shade, and not wiped up... and the other lamp flickered off and on. And the Dust!!! OMG!!! The top of the large mirror obviously has never been dusted, and had dust sticking up and hanging down from the top of the mirror. Same for the light sconses on either side of the bathroom vanity... they were at eye-level, but caked with dust and likely other stuff, and looked to have Never been wiped down :-( The bathroom mirror was unclean with remnants of spots of stuff on it. The bath floor obviously was unmopped or swept, as it had Hair and nail clipping on it!!! OMG... and when I went to turn on the bathroom faucet, there was some sticky stuff under the lever!!! no one wiped the handle??? Even the sink area was dusty, and you could see where someone had wiped around the sink, but not the entire counter, and not into the corners, as those still dusty. On the hair dryer hanging on the wall was black hair on top of it!!! How could housekeeping miss that?? :-( it was gross. And there was mildew in the shower grout :-( And even scarier was that when we came back from dinner, there was NO ONE at the front desk!!!! Anyone could have walked in and gone to the rooms, without anyone knowing!!!! We waited for several minutes thinking someone would show... but nope. We had to pick up the phone and dial -0- to get a human. Later that night, I could not access the WiFi, so I called down to the front desk. I called FIVE times... letting it ring 6 or 7 times each time before it dumped me to their voicemail... finally a human answered and gave me the password to the WiFi... but the connection was so poor, it disconnected me every couple minutes (When we left, another guest was complaining about the lack of internet). There is only ONE coke machine. It was on the second floor. It did not work. We fed it $2, and it would not give us any beverage. When we clicked the coin return, it only gave us $1 back... it stole $1. I purchased a candybar from the 3rd floor vending machine. I gagged when I took a bite. It was so stale tasting. After looking over the wrapper (to my Horror) I discovered the PayDay bar "Best By" date was November 2011 !!! It had expired a YEAR ago!!! OMG. The bed was comfortable (tho we put the dirty comforters on the floor), but the motel is right across the street from the Rail Road Switch Yard!!! And allllllll night long we heard the screetching of brakes and banging and clanging of the box cars as they unhooked and re-hooked the cars. This went on ALL night.. and was horribly loud. OH and as far as entertainment.... they provided an old tube-television, with no movie channels and limited other channels, and the picture quality was so poor that when we watched a football game, we could not even read the scores because it was so blurry. The continental breakfast is a joke. You have to fill out a sheet and hang it on your door by 10PM the night before you want your food. No warm food... only cold cereal (have no idea what kind) or a bagel or toast... no place to show what each person wanted if you have more than one person staying in the room. We did not dare order food from the motel, seeing how bad the cleanliness was in the room, I was not about to eat the food. Although the motel is at a great location, we will never again stay there. For the same price I can stay at a motel a few miles away that is clean, and has security 24/7 at the front desk. I cant tell you what a disappointment this motel was.

Room Tip: Beautiful marina views available, if you dont mind dirty room
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank TravelBug9191
InnWashington, General Manager at Inn At Port Gardner, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Our goal at the Inn is to provide the utmost if customer service and satisfaction. we do stay at a high occupancy due to obtaining our goal. As the manager of the Inn I am disappointed to see that you were not happy with your stay and would have been happy to have resolved any issues while you were with us.
we do provide an expanded continental breakfast and TI and wireless access as well as Comcast cable channels and complimentary DVD movies from our lobby library.
we hope that you will reconsider and stay with us in the future.
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We were looking for a lower cost hotel within close proximity to Seattle.  After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to give this one a try.  We were very pleasantly surprised.  It has a great location right on the water.  Three very nice restaurants within walking distance.  We ate at two of them.  The staff was friendly and the rooms were nice.  In addition, we didn't realize when we booked, but there was a nice little breakfast deliver to our door at the time of our choice. We will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steigel
Coronado, California
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel for ten days for a series of meetings in the Everett naval station. It is very conveniently located within walking distance of the naval station gate, yet it feels worlds away. My room overlooked a small marina, which made for a beautiful view from my northwest facing window as the sun set. Every morning I was greeted with a fresh breakfast, which I'd ordered the night before, nicely delivered to my room together with the morning paper. The warm, welcoming lobby contains arts and crafts furniture set around a fireplace; I found it to be a perfect place to settle in the late afternoon with a decaf coffee and fresh chocolate chip cookie (both of which are available 24/7 in the lobby.)
My room was very clean and well-appointed. Bed was comfortable. Great Italian restaurant (Lombardi's) right next door has an delightful happy hour and delicious menu selection. A little further down the road, but still within walking distance, the Scuttlebutt brewery is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Altogether, a fabulous find! I'm definitely staying here every time I come to Everett - business OR pleasure!

Room Tip: Overlooking the marina
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Everett
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
#1 of 3 in Marysville
La Quinta Inn Everett
La Quinta Inn Everett
#3 of 22 in Everett

Been to Inn At Port Gardner? Share your experiences!