“Nice, quiet visit”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Everett
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“Nice, quiet visit”
Reviewed 3 June 2008

This is an older property but we found it to be clean. Maid service not always consistent, but we did enjoy our 5 day stay. Marina not very busy, but had nice view of the boats and the houses on hill above marina. Would have liked a comfy chair to sit and read. Lots of nice restaurants in Everett to choose from.

• Liked — Location to places we were visiting
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Central Coast California
Reviewed 4 October 2007

I've been staying at the Inn for several years now and have steadily watched it become shoddier over time. I believe the Inn was sold a few years back and this event seems to coincide with an increase in rates and a lack of upkeep by the new managers/owners.

Admittedly, there are no other really good options to stay in Everett and you just can't beat the location of the Inn at Port Gardner. But, I recently stayed in one of the suites and was really disappointed with the quality for a $200/night room. The pillows were so thin and were covered only by one pillowcase so they smelled old and musty when you put your head on them. Virtually all of the furniture in the room is beat-up in some way and the carpet was badly stained by the mini-bar. The adjustment knob on the heater was broken and one of the two phones didn't work.

I left a review for the management on my way out but haven't had a response. I think I'll try another hotel in the future and there's a new hotel being built by the casino that I'm sure will be top-notch but the location won't be as nice.

• Stayed September 2007
2 Thank Harsh_But_Honest
InnWashington, General Manager at Inn At Port Gardner, responded to this review, 30 March 2008
At the Inn at Port Gardner we pride ourselves in offering the utmost in customer service and guest satisfaction.
We take the guests reviews very seriously and the Inn promptly responded by mail to the comment card left by this guest.
the Inn is continually keeping our standards high and our ownership is 100% on board with keeping the Inn the distinct gem that it is.

Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 4 August 2007

We were visiting my son who just started work at Boeing in Everett. We actually originally discovered this hotel on travelocity. We always try to stay in a hotel with great reviews whenever we travel, so we find this website very helpful. We did however want a more "special" room, as we were there for my birthday, one that was spacious, and would accomodate all three of us, and our small dog, so we booked on the hotel website.

We were SHOCKED at the quality of room that we received! Especially since we had our dog whereby we expected the usual basement, smoking room, which most hotels want to give us when we travel with our beloved pet ( who by the way is more well behaved than most small children).

Our room was a top floor two room mini suite, with a king bed and spacious bath in the master, and a small living area with pull out sofa in the additional room. There is a huge deck off of the living area, with a full jacuzzi hot tub. The view from the room, and deck is completely amazing, of the Port Gardner Marina, and the Columbia River, and incredible sunsets. We were walking distance to three fabulous restaurants.

There is a coffee shop next to the hotel, Meyers Cafe, that I would not recommend for customer service. We went in one morning to get coffee, and asked the woman working at the counter for half and half. She told us they didn't have any because "she was off the previous day". We were puzzled at that statement. She told us to use the non fat milk that she put out instead. (yuck) We spotted some creamer behind the counter, and asked if we could please use that, and she basically threw the container at us like a spoiled child having to share a toy, and exclaimed "Here!" We went to Starbucks the rest of our stay, which was about 5 minutes away.

• Liked — The View, Room and the fact they accepted my pet
  • Disliked — Meyers Cafe Service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank galfromtahoe
Kingsland, Georgia
Reviewed 2 August 2007

New appearing property. Neat architecture. Our room had a little veranda which was nice. Room nicely appointed. Free coffee and cookies 24/7. Would stay again.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank 606zpx
Vancouver
Reviewed 29 May 2007

I stayed at this Inn on May 26th and 27th in a "plaza view" double bed room, and would definitely recommend it to those looking for what I would categorize as a 2 1/2 * property.

As you approach the property you pass a mill and a naval station, and I was more than a bit apprehensive until I saw the Inn. 3 stories, on the waterfront, with a very large marina in front, and a long boardwalk bordering one side of the marina. Several restaurants in the "village" area which looked interesting; unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try them.

The Inn had a lovely large lounge with lit fireplace (it was cold!) as well as an outdoor fireplace surrounded by chairs. Lovely sunset views. My room was large as was the bathroom; the room as well as the common areas were spotlessly clean; and staff were friendly and helpful. I had breakfast once next door at Meyer's Cafe, which was reasonable and good, and received 10% off as I was staying at the Inn. USD 105 per night, which I thought very reasonable.

• Liked — Being close to the water; close proximity to highways
  • Disliked — No makeup magnifiying mirror
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 January 2007

I stayed there three nites on a business trip. I had a corner plaza veiw (standard room) with everything I could think of, a wet bar, a deck, refirgerator, and more.

The continental breakfast was delivered to my room by 6 AM, as requested. one very good Itallian and two seafood/woodgrill restaurants nearby.

Will definitely be back again

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank DrComposting
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2006

I stayed at the inn in mid November, during some really yukky weather in Washington, visiting local relatives.

The inn itself is very homey. The lobby is comfortable with high ceilings, couches, and a fireplace going most of the time (the weather there was super nasty-- cold and rainy; they'd recently had lots of flooding in the area too). The fireplace made it very toasty!

I had a second floor room facing the marina, which was pleasant, and the windows actually open, so you can enjoy the fresh air when it gets too stuffy.

The room itself was extremely comfy, but I made a point of telling them on my written comment form how much more modern and classy they would seem if they would just dump the cheesy polyester bedspreads and invest in some comforters instead.

The wi-fi in the room was easy to use. I just plugged in, picked a provider in my Control Panel and I was off surfing.

The bathroom was large, good toiletries, plenty of towels, and good water pressure and enough hot water.

The breakfast was just so-so. It is delivered to you in a basket at your chosen time, and you can choose a bagel, a pastry, or muffin. I also got yogurt both days. And select a juice type. Coffee is available in your room, or down in the lobby. I went for the lobby version, because there is cream available there. The second day I found a Denny's further south for something more substantial.

The one front desk clerk was very helpful when I asked him for help in getting to the Half Price Books in town. And he provided me with a better, more detailed map than the one I had.

One minor complaint was the fact that there is no automatic door at the front. I had two large suitcases plus a rolling computer case and a purse. If the desk clerks are available to help you, I'm sure they will, but if they are busy, you're on your own.

I highly recommend Lombardi's next door. I ate there two nights in a row, and it was delicious! And the Scuttlebut Brewery is just across the parking lot.

• Liked — Location on the water
  • Disliked — Bedspreads. Blegh.
  • Tips/Secrets — Head to nearby Snohomish for WONDERFUL antiquing!
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank miselainis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Everett
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Courtyard by Marriott - Seattle Everett Downtown
Best Western Cascadia Inn
Best Western Plus Navigator Inn & Suites
Silver Cloud Inn Mukilteo – Waterfront
Tulalip Resort Casino
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 3 in Marysville

Been to Inn At Port Gardner? Share your experiences!