“Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Everett
Vancouver
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2007

I stayed at this Inn on May 26th and 27th in a "plaza view" double bed room, and would definitely recommend it to those looking for what I would categorize as a 2 1/2 * property.

As you approach the property you pass a mill and a naval station, and I was more than a bit apprehensive until I saw the Inn. 3 stories, on the waterfront, with a very large marina in front, and a long boardwalk bordering one side of the marina. Several restaurants in the "village" area which looked interesting; unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try them.

The Inn had a lovely large lounge with lit fireplace (it was cold!) as well as an outdoor fireplace surrounded by chairs. Lovely sunset views. My room was large as was the bathroom; the room as well as the common areas were spotlessly clean; and staff were friendly and helpful. I had breakfast once next door at Meyer's Cafe, which was reasonable and good, and received 10% off as I was staying at the Inn. USD 105 per night, which I thought very reasonable.

• Liked — Being close to the water; close proximity to highways
  • Disliked — No makeup magnifiying mirror
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2007

I stayed there three nites on a business trip. I had a corner plaza veiw (standard room) with everything I could think of, a wet bar, a deck, refirgerator, and more.

The continental breakfast was delivered to my room by 6 AM, as requested. one very good Itallian and two seafood/woodgrill restaurants nearby.

Will definitely be back again

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank DrComposting
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2006

I stayed at the inn in mid November, during some really yukky weather in Washington, visiting local relatives.

The inn itself is very homey. The lobby is comfortable with high ceilings, couches, and a fireplace going most of the time (the weather there was super nasty-- cold and rainy; they'd recently had lots of flooding in the area too). The fireplace made it very toasty!

I had a second floor room facing the marina, which was pleasant, and the windows actually open, so you can enjoy the fresh air when it gets too stuffy.

The room itself was extremely comfy, but I made a point of telling them on my written comment form how much more modern and classy they would seem if they would just dump the cheesy polyester bedspreads and invest in some comforters instead.

The wi-fi in the room was easy to use. I just plugged in, picked a provider in my Control Panel and I was off surfing.

The bathroom was large, good toiletries, plenty of towels, and good water pressure and enough hot water.

The breakfast was just so-so. It is delivered to you in a basket at your chosen time, and you can choose a bagel, a pastry, or muffin. I also got yogurt both days. And select a juice type. Coffee is available in your room, or down in the lobby. I went for the lobby version, because there is cream available there. The second day I found a Denny's further south for something more substantial.

The one front desk clerk was very helpful when I asked him for help in getting to the Half Price Books in town. And he provided me with a better, more detailed map than the one I had.

One minor complaint was the fact that there is no automatic door at the front. I had two large suitcases plus a rolling computer case and a purse. If the desk clerks are available to help you, I'm sure they will, but if they are busy, you're on your own.

I highly recommend Lombardi's next door. I ate there two nights in a row, and it was delicious! And the Scuttlebut Brewery is just across the parking lot.

• Liked — Location on the water
  • Disliked — Bedspreads. Blegh.
  • Tips/Secrets — Head to nearby Snohomish for WONDERFUL antiquing!
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank miselainis
Orange Co, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2006

$92 for two adults was cheaper than any site out there. Wonderful staff...like a family. Toothpaste and toothbrushes are available by request at no charge. Anthony's restaurant at the end of the pier, Meyer's Cafe for evening entertainment, Sunday morning farmer's market within 100', weather permitting, I'm sure, an okay Italian restaurant next door. Jetty Island for day picknicking is at the end of the boat launch...a free ferry ride away! We stayed for three nights. Free Internet and HBO. There are outdoor s'mores available every night. We were too late on night and asked the clerk if we could still cook them. She was so sweet and brought them to us, and followed it up with milk! Breakfast was filling enough that we were able to get on with our daytripping.
We were launched out of bed at 6:15 a.m. on Friday by a train backing up to hitch up some cars, but were able to go back to sleep. The manager told us that there is one room with an outdoor Jacuzzi. Since there is no pool, I'd ask for that room next time, and there will be a next time! We fell in love with the "slow pace" of Everett.

• Liked — It's right on the water!
  • Disliked — That we had to leave!
  • Tips/Secrets — We're travel agents...but we don't tell them. Their rates were cheaper than anywhere!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank fijibucks
Bellingham, Wa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2006

Staying in Everett for the last 12 years and this place has the best location for ( sleep, food a nice walk and a good micro brew just a few steps away). My cars are worth over 50K each and I always felt safe parking any one of them there. My wife can walk alone in that area at anytime and not be worried. Staff is great and the rooms are very clean and the bathroom has always been spotless. The view of all those sail boats in the morning always makes me smile and gets me off to a good start. Breakfast out side my room on the deck is a big plus and I can get some of my work done while I'm looking at the sail boats, can't do that at home !!!

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank Bellingham_Wa_Axel
Surrey, B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2006

My sister and I stayed one night and it was a wonderful experience. We had requested a fridge and it was made available. We found the Inn very pleasant, it had a real homey and relaxing appeal. We had arrived abit early and were made comfortable in the common area, it was pouring rain outside and the crackling fireplace made it seem very cosy. The room was large, especially the washroom. It was not lacking amenities and there was coffee and cookies available all day. We had a ground floor room and ate our breakfast outside on the patio and the ducks kept us company, we feel they are used to sharing quite a few breakies!! It was very easy to find and parking was great. We would come back again for a restful visit. A nice hidden gem

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank transcona
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2006

Inn at Port Gardner is a hidden gem at the marina. Located on Marine View Drive, just north of the Naval Base on Everett's waterfront is a cozy intimate Inn, perfect for a weekend getaway or just one night. Just a few blocks from downtown, the location is near everythng.Very helpful, friendly front desk personnel offered us a rate that was better than online rates. The small but comfortable lobby has a fireplace, outdoor patio area to have coffe while watching the marina activity. Our room was a marina view room on the 2nd floor, The big windows actually open about 6" outward, the large extremely clean room is furnished mission modern and the best part was the suprise at the most comfortable bed I have slept on! It felt like a feather bed, and the bedding smelled so sweet and fresh-not at all like a hotel. Like they had just come in from oudoors. What a nice suprise! A continental breakfast is delivered to the room at your designated time, and you get to choose what you want. We had juice, bagels, yogurt, cheerios and the coffee pot is provided in room. The soaps, shampoos, etc. are upscale and smelled heavenly. Within the marina area there are more than ample choices for dining, a quick stroll along the "boardwalk" will get you Italian, or seafood, or woodfire grill, a pub, hand packed ice cream , something for everyone. This is such a great location, lots of sailboats, yachts and birds to look at, but the big plus is this little inn just tucked away and at less that $100 per night, this is the place to stay in Everett.

4 Thank Klingonlursa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Everett
Hampton Inn Seattle/Everett
Tulalip Resort Casino
Tulalip Resort Casino
#1 of 3 in Marysville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,125 reviews

Been to Inn At Port Gardner? Share your experiences!