“Loved it! Pleasantly surprised!”

Motel 6 Everett North
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Everett
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I loved this location! I usually stay at 4 or 5 star hotels - like the Sheraton downtown Seattle, so i was very weary about Motel 6. But i can't say enough about the Everett location. Unlike the previous reviews - I found Kay to be especially nice! She was extremely efficient and check in was super-fast and friendly...my friend and i were staying here to do some shopping at the outlets in Tulalip and check out the Casino. She gave us lots of great tips about good places to check out in the area and where to grab a bite to eat. Not only her - but all the staff were super nice! I must say that i was very scared about how 'clean' this motel would be - but i was very surprised...it was soooo clean! I was especially impressed with the washroom. My girlfriend and I had a great time during our stay here - our first motel experience was definitely a pleasant surprise! I will definitely come back to this motel, especially for the price! Excellent deal - plus it's only 20 -25 min from downtown, so super convenient!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ravi890

Reviewed 17 June 2011

I Travel quite often on business and I usally stay at Motel 6 locations all over the country,
I was at this location and woman named Kay was the manager, She was very Rude to customers, and was acting inappropriate for her position, I stood there thinking, Last time I stayed here on business it was fine. This time this might be different , and it was, this staff is the absolute worst I ever encountered, I will NEVER STAY HERE again, nor will any of my employees. There are other problems as well, doors slamming all night and car's honking horns, and the smell.... Don't forget your Lysol for this location!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2011

(OK, the biggest reason is location, location, location)

But the price, even at $49, is also right. Plus nine marked truck spots plus room for that many more on a slow day. AARP is the only discount they allow.

Room is the basic Motel 6, not very big and I did have to pay extra for WiFi (still a sore spot with me). But it was clean and quiet. Water was hot, shower only in this room. This is only the third motel I've stayed at in the last year (in motels <> 3-4 night a week) that has called to confirm the room is OK.

The motel does have a pool, closed for cleaning the day I was there ... and yes, people were working on it, there wasn't just a sign saying that.

This Motel 6 is also plugged into www.orderinn.com, something I hadn't heard of before. Closest food is the Buzz Inn Steakhouse a 1/2 a block away. Good food, good value.

It's a Motel 6, so no pictures. I've you've seen one you've seen them all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Reviewed 30 April 2011

There need to be a recommendation between yes and no. This one is very marginal. Room was not that clean and needed maintenance on several items. I will probably try other hotels before I come back to this one. I usually only stay at Motel 6's due to their pet policy so this one was ok for pets but certainly not great for humans.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RLB_28
Reviewed 19 August 2010

i stayed in a rear room, which was quiet. but there was an adjoining door and you can hear the tv and everything else in that room. so when you check in, be sure to ask that you NOT be put in a room with an adjoining door.
otherwise it was a typical motel 6 room, no complaints about the condition or cleanliness of the room. there were no "shady characters" hanging around and i felt completely safe on the grounds. the surrounding area is also safe- miles of malls, restaurants, shops, etc.- not a residential area.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I was going to do priceline. But Motel 6 was the closest to work. All I encountered were pleasant- but especially Heather and George Druker the general manager. By joining AARP i got an additional 10% off.
The room was comfortable and well taken care of.
And what a plus to be able to park your car a few feet from your front door.
A happy customer.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank redcliffs04
Reviewed 5 March 2008

Stayed here just one night, got there late so the lobby was locked up and we had to wait in a hallway to check in like it was a drive thru. This immediately set us on edge, why are they taking such extraordinary measures to protect themselves while leaving us out in the open? Other people waiting to check in were interrogating us about what we were doing making us very uncomfortable but the clerk, behind the doubtlessly bulletproof glass, probably couldn't hear it as we had difficulty hearing him. We had booked online with the lower 'Click 6' rate but the clerk, while honouring our reservation, didn't honour the lower price. I tried to mention this but we had so much trouble communicating through the glass he couldn't understand me.

There were a lot of shady characters about, strange sounds, and people walking around at all hours. We felt so unsafe we blocked the door with a chair because the second lock wasn't working. We essentially slept with one eye open and got out of there as quickly as possible in the morning. We will not put ourselves in that position again!

As if that wasn't enough there were burn holes in the quilt and there was an unpleasant smell about. I've stayed at many Motel 6 locations and this is the only one I was not pleased with and will never return to.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends