“Delicious - But It Can Be Noisy”
Review of Under The Red Umbrella - CLOSED

Under The Red Umbrella
Reviewed 9 January 2015

Very well-prepared food, great selections! But when busy, there is nowhere to get away from the sounds of dining. If a quiet night out is what you're after, don't come here on a Friday or Saturday. If you're fine with the tough acoustics and lots of people enjoying a great dinner, you will enjoy the experience. Quieter at other times and that's when we like to go. I'd give it a five but for the noise...

1  Thank HappyCouple74

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

Came with friends. We all got something different and every item was delicious, and cooked to perfection, the presentation was creative, and the service was excellent! We really loved it and had a super enjoyable experience!

1  Thank YonitY
Reviewed 3 November 2014

A funky, cool, one-of-a-kind hangout. Good food, atmosphere and a water dish for dogs in the summer. I like stopping in if I want a drink or a bite.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

This is such a pretty place in a very old grocery building in the historic residential neighborhood of North Everett. Sandwiches and salads and soups are always good. The seating inside is casual and home-like with small tables, but also some overstuffed furniture. In the summer, you can eat outside under, what else? A red umbrella! One issue I have is the awkward way you have to order. Line up to order food at one counter, then line up at a second counter to order beverages. It is time consuming, and seems oddly unnecessary. Can't the sandwich counter take your beverage order as well? If this doesn't bother you, you'll love this place!

1  Thank aark2947
Reviewed 29 September 2014

This is a darling little coffee shop but is apparently under new ownership that is less than friendly. I found out at the end of my visit that the rude woman making my coffee and ringing my friend and I up at the counter was actually the owner! She talked very rudely to her barista and other workers right in front of us. This was by far the worst service have ever encountered and will never return or recommend to anyone. She needs to stay out of the front area and let her workers take care of the customers.They were quite capable and pleasant, trying to cover up for how nasty she was. They didnt say a bad word about her which I thought was nice but then wondered how sad it must be for them to be treated that way when they are just trying to make a buck.

1  Thank Jenny R