“Its a Must Try”

Marysville, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Its a Must Try”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We've been going to Tampico for years for some period of time we'd go weekly but never less than twice a month. The staff is friendly, fast and always welcoming. Barely seated and water, chips and salsa are in front of you. Sometimes the place is so crowded there's a wait but we've been enough times that we know and work around the busy times. Their food is always consistent. Fresh, hot and great. Margaritas are great--sometimes I want to have two but they're strong enough one is more than enough. They have a large seating area in the back and that is usually filled with family or groups celebrating or getting together. A couple of large fireplaces in the back. It can get rather loud but if you are one who likes to feel you are in the middle of fun, its a great place to be seated. We are usually there for about 45 minutes and throughout that time people are coming and going. When you are in a place like that you know the food will always be fresh. We never have room for dessert but they have a big candy bowl at the cash register in the front and you are welcome to help yourself. If you sit in the booths in front of the cash register sometimes the candy bowl makes it to your table. This is by far our favorite place to eat. Simple, down to earth atmosphere, big smiles by the staff and great food. I love Tampico.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 2330hmc

Oakland, Oregon
“Really?”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Obviously the people writing these reviews are from the area and have never had real Mexican food. If you are from Seattle area you'll probably love this place but if you have ever experienced real Mexican food you'll be highly disappointed. Yes the $10.00 a piece Margaritas are decent but don't go well with the cafeteria style food.

• Visited December 2013
Vernon, Canada
“Bigger and Much Better than it looks”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Loved the food and the margaritas were great! Read a few reviews on line and thought that we would try out the restaurant. We ended up at a table in the front of the restaurant with maybe 4 or 5 other tables. While we enjoyed our meal and drinks, people kept coming and coming. There must be a large room in the back where all the people were sitting. Great atmosphere! It looked like the kind of place where regulars keep coming back every week. It is on my list of places that I must go back to.

Visited September 2013
Lake Stevens, Washington, United States
“Excellent Mexican food and Margaritas”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Some of the best Mexican food in Snohomish County! Very good margaritas as well. I especially love anything they have with chicken. There chicken is slow cooked, tender, and delicious! There salsas served free of charge at your table is the best salsas I have ever had at a restaurant. My family and I have been enjoying Tampico for over 14 years! I cannot wait to go back.

• Visited August 2013
Washington
“The best Mexican food I've had!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We were in Everett for a hockey tournament this weekend and decided to try this based on other reviews and location. It was so good we went back for lunch the next day! I had the carne asada chimichanga, which came with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and rice and beans. Plenty of food! The waiters were outstanding, very prompt, kept our drinks topped off continuously, and our food was out very quickly. The chips and salsa were outstanding. Both the green and red salsa were equally good, and the chips were warm....mmmm. Trust me on this, I'm super choosy about my Mexican food, but I will be sure to eat here every time I'm in Everett!

• Visited August 2013