“Ray's is yummy!”

Marysville, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ray's is yummy!”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I moved up to Marysville about a year and a half ago. A friend who's been local for several yrs, told me about Rays in Everett. We went there and I was blown away by how delicious the burgers are. I really love the swiss mushroom burger. The onion rings are REALLY good and the deep fried mushrooms with ranch are to die for! Ray's also does fish and chips well...although I'm not big on their fries, so, I opt for the rings. And, yes, Ray's shakes are fantastic! I love the chocolate/peanutbutter shake...yum, yum, yummmmmy! Can't wait to take friends there from out of town! These burgers beat the heck out of Dick's in King Co..

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mary C

Phoenix, Arizona
“Burgers and Shakes”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

After fifty years Rays Drive-in is still going strong and is run by Rays daughter Debbie. i grew up just a few blocks from this iconic burger joint. The burgers, fish and chips and especially the milk shakes are terrific. After all these years they still haven't gotten the fries right. Opt for the onion rings but Do Not pass up one of their old school fresh flavored shakes. My favorite is still the Green River

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Roger G
new westminster
“great old school place”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Very friendly staff, fish and chips, fries are great. One of the wonderful place we ever tried in everett area. Price is reasonable.

Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Have been eating there for over 40 years.”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

After 40 years there are two things that haven't changed.

First the fish in the fish and chips is about the best you can get as is the tarter sauce to go with them.

Second the french fries are still the limp greasy tasting fries that I have learned to forego and order their much much better onion rings.

Nothing fancy about this place, just another family owned restaurant that has been around a long long time.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 19Mark55
Oregon
“Absolutely Horrid”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Limp and flavorless fries, small burned hamburger patties, cold onion rings, all of this can be yours at Ray's in Everett.

My wife and I were staying at the Best Western in Everett on 3-25-12. She wasn't feeling well and wanted to stay in so she suggested Rays on Broadway. My brother in law and I went down there and got dinner.

Our dinner consisted of 3 burgers, 2 doubleRays and 1 single Ray, 1 small and 1 large fry, and 1 onion ring, 2 shakes and 1 Pepsi. The total for this was $37.00 a little steep for 3 hamburger meals but if they were good then ok. Sadly this wasn't to be the case. The fries were limp and flavorless, the onion rings were cold, the hamburger patties were very small and burned, the bacon we ordered on 1 burger was missing as was the cheese on another. The only good thing was the shakes. This place even charges for the ketchup and oher condiments!!!

My suggestion is to skip this place and go somewhere like the Buzz Inn. Might be a couple bucks less and will probably taste ok.

This place is lousy and we will NEVER go back.

• Visited March 2012

Been to Ray's Drive In? Share your experiences!