“FALL CITY BISTRO NOW!!”
Review of Fall City Bistro

Fall City Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Fall City Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Fall City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Carnation, Washington
“FALL CITY BISTRO NOW!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I had been to the semi-iconic Fall City Griil 10+ years ago (mostly for its "Twin Peaks" fame. )
It has changed hands in 2013 and for the better in infinite ways!
The decor was nicer than expected in Fall City. Nicer than most places in Seattle!
The food was exquisite-also better than most 4-5 star restaurants in Seattle (I've been to most.)
It is hard to rate food as it is so subjective, but it takes place over everywhere around here hands down! What I can rate fairly is both the service and menu.
The service was fast and friendly.
The menu was well thought and creative without much esoteria as to make it strange.
Both our meals were cooked perfectly.
I really recommend the duck won ton appetizer.
I think that writing this 16hrs. later's making me hungry to go there again should say it all.
Well done!

Fall City, Washington
“Mega Surprise”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Expected ordinary - was my 'best' meal of the year by far and the food truly memorable. The Chicken Nachatta was extraordinary, would love to replicate at home, best, most tender chicken I've had in a long while, and the sauce! Loved it. A specialty cocktail, cucumber vodka, lime infused simple syrup w/a dash of pepper also goes to the top of my cocktail list. My companions enjoyed the silent movies being shown on discrete wall TV's, I was too busy smacking my lips!
Would try many other interesting items on the menu were I an area resident - will be sure to schedule a visit on subsequent trips thru the area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ann M
“Limited choices for fall city but decent food”
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for brunch. The service was a little slow but it was pretty busy. Seamed a little pricey but not unreasonable. Food was good and atmosphere was nice. Worth to check out for yourself.

• Visited July 2013
Carnation, Washington, United States
“Good food, interesting decor”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It's taken us a year since it switched from being the Fall City Grill, but we finally tried the Fall City Bistro last night. Due to the long daylight hours this time of year, it was pushing 9 pm before we came inside and realized we had nothing for dinner. We have driven past the Fall City Bistro many times and noticed the sign touting local organic food, but have never taken the time to stop. So we gave them a call, they said they seated until 9:30 pm, so we drove down to try it out.

The outside still looks like a diner, but clearly they put some work in to upgrade the look inside. Some elements are nice (lots of framed mirrors on the walls make it seem larger, cloth tablecloths and napkins, but they also made some dubious choices - e.g. large Christmas balls hanging from the ceiling, black plasticky coverings over the nice tablecloths, etc.

Our service started a little rocky - the waitress didn't know whether their iced tea came from a fountain or was made there, and didn't know what kinds of hot teas they had. Then the iced tea that came was terrible - I guess it was supposed to be one of those fruity iced teas, but I thought it tasted like it was made from burnt peach pits. The other non-alcoholic drinks available were mostly from the fountain, which we don't do, but the waitress offered to make an Italian soda, and that turned out to be quite good.

Things improved rapidly from there, however. We had the butter lettuce salad and the spinach dip for appetizers. The salad was presented very nicely with the butter lettuce leaves forming a cup for the other ingredients. My wife thought the vinaigrette dressing was too vinegary, but I liked it. We are used to making our own dressing from aged balsamic vinegar, which is much sweeter and less vinegary. Anyway, the salad did have a few wilted leaves down in the middle, but overall it was much better than most salads, even at high-end restaurants. The spinach and artichoke dip was delicious and came with a lot of tasty focaccia bread covered with an extremely generous portion of sliced parmesan (or romano or something) cheese.

For entrees we had the Chicken Nachatta and the Hickory Molasses Baked Ribs. Again, both were excellent. The ribs were smoky and tender, and fairly lean. I just had a half rack and that was plenty. Both entrees came with a baked potato into which were laid several asparagus shoots and then a large dollop of herbed butter was melted on top - delicious!

It was pretty late and we were pretty tired, so opted for a take-home dessert of tiramisu to accompany the home-made chocolate ice cream we had made the previous evening. I'm not a big tiramisu fan so didn't try it, but my wife said it was really good.

So overall a good experience - we'll likely return.

P.S. I noticed my receipt was from "Amore Infused", which I had never visited but was a fixture in Belltown for many years until a nasty fire in January of 2012 shut it down. The owner is the same, so if you have experience with Amore Infused I expect the food at the Fall City Bistro is probably similar. The atmosphere is probably very different, though - Fall City is a world away from Belltown...

Reference: http://blog.seattlepi.com/insidebelltown/2012/07/31/closed-amore-restaurant/

• Visited July 2013
Fall City, Washington
“Don't confuse the Bistro with the old FC Grill - this place is awesome!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Since the Fall City Bistro opened in early 2012 we have been regular visitors, and for good reason. The food is reliably fantastic, the service is warm and professional, and the atmosphere just the right blend of creative and casual for us. We have our favorites (the Chicken Nutchata, the Hickory Molasses Ribs, and the Lasagne Bolognese are out of this world), but we haven't had anything there that was less than excellent.

As has been mentioned, the outside of the place doesn't look special - despite improvements, it shows that there used to be a rundown diner in this location as recently as 2011. Don't let the first look fool you; this is a genuine first-class dining experience.

• Visited June 2013