“Surprisingly Good”

Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Reviewed 5 August 2014

found a hot-wire deal for only $75. This is a really cool place, rooms are spacious, neat, nice and tidy. The location is primo and the staff is extra friendly. nothing to complain! Happy to recommend based on many various factors.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our second time staying and we were reasonably pleased. I had booked in March for July. A few weeks before I called to confirm. A good thing too, as the date had been mistakenly booked for February. (People book a year ahead?) Melissa was very friendly and helpful and rebooked us, but was not able to match the rate we had first been given, but marked us down for a view room. When we arrived, I mentioned that we had asked for a view room. The woman at the reception desk was EXTREMELY rude. (I forget her name, but it started with a V and I believe she might have been a manager) said that they were full and I should never have been promised that. I mentioned that this was a good response from an employee trying to make an error right. She gave me a look and dropped the key card on the counter. No apology was given. I realize things happen, but polite friendly customer service will go far. The room itself is getting dated. The cleanliness was not great. The room smelt stale and the top of the headboard was very dusty. The hotel itself is in walking distance to shopping and great restaurants. It has the possibility of being a great hotel as it was the first time we stayed many years ago. Oh and we DID have a view room. Which was worth all the trouble.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karmatravelers
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Kala Jones could not have been more helpful to me as we tried to plan a trip on a very busy weekend in Federal Way. Coming for the huge Western Zone swim meet, most local hotels that I called were booked and the service I received was less than stellar. Kala managed to find us a room at the Clarion for part of our stay, hoping that when the time came, a room would open up and we could extend our stay. She walked me through the process, was thorough and organized and at the end of the day, was able to find us exactly what we were looking for. Most importantly her customer service skills and friendly, outgoing personality should be commended. I have no idea how old she is or how long she has been at this job, but I will say she was amazing to work with and is perfectly suited for this position. She is exactly what I would want representing my company on the front lines. Please extend our sincerest thanks and gratitude to Kala. I'm sure our stay will follow suit and be just as amazing.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed one night at start of our hoilday having just flown in to SeaTac on 24th June. Overall impression was of a comfortable and clean hotel which provided an excellent breakfast.
Having pre-booked, I was surprised when the receptionist offered me an incorrect rate. turned out that she was still a trainee and obviously didn't know how to use the hotel's computer system - not her fault, should have been better supervised.
It was only after departure that I realised that in fact we had been given a one-king bed room instead of the two-bed queen romm that I had reserved!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The lobby is nicely done and very attractive with seating and high end decor.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The service was great.

The continental breakfast was very good. Its not the same every day. One day they had french toast, scrambled eggs and bacon plus all the other stuff and the next day it was pancakes, sausage, and cheese omelets. Loved the options and everything was delicious.

The rooms were not as great. The beds were comfortable but the ac unit could only be turned on and off by plugging in and unplugging - and the buttons didnt work for setting it. The tub/shower was very squeaky, and whatever they use to clean the rooms has a very odd smell that sticks around. Otherwise the rooms were clean, just need some fixes.

Overall the stay was good. And for the location / proximity to shopping and entertainment I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristine W
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Excellent service with comfortable, quiet and clean rooms. The staff was so helpful, especially the hotel's GM. Even the breakfast was good for the buffet style! It was a good value and I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights for a swim competition for my daughter. The front entrance is a bit rundown looking but it is nice inside. We liked the clean large room. I am very sensitive to smoke and I didn't smell anything. I liked the cookies and ice water offered each day. Breakfast had a good selection. If anything, it would be nice if both computers for guests had printers. One guy set up camp to do work and hogged the one with a printer.

Stayed: June 2014