“Great Stay!”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. We have stayed here in the past a few years ago and the stay was good but they have done some renovation and the place was bright and colorful.All the staff was friendly and helpful but I have to give a big shout out to Kelly Smith, the hotel manager. She was their everyday late into the evening as well as on weekends to make sure everything was being taken care of.She was awesome! We really enjoyed our stay!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the renovation results which truly has given us a bright and colorful look.

I'd also like to thank you for including the kind words in your survey. It's guests like you who complete that bright and cheery atmosphere. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Federal Way
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America in Federal Way for a month. I am 58 years old and I have stayed at a large variety of hotels and motels throughout this country and internationally.

I want to express my gratitude and high commendation for the staff at the Federal Way location. Every person there, without exception was extremely courteous, pleasant and helpful during my entire stay. I'm certain that this is in no small way attributable to the superior leadership of the manager, Kelly Smith.

I had researched other hotels, including other Extended Stay Hotels in the vicinity. I chose to stay at the Federal Way location because of the outgoing, supportive and friendly demeanor exhibited by Ms. Smith. She is an exceptional employee. She seemed to be in attendance 7 days a week and worked tirelessly. She was always ready with a helpful suggestion, or an extra attentive detail.

This was absolutely the best experience that I have ever had at a hotel. While certain extras provided at much more expensive hotels were not included, it was more than made up by the high quality service provided by the staff.

Room Tip: Definitely choose non-smoking. The ground floor is best. My location in the end unit (138) was ver...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Scott R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Scott - Thank you so much for posting such an impressive review of our property and writing such top-notch comments about the staff. We truly enjoyed hosting you and are delighted that we were able to provide you and your son with a genuine "home away from home" experience.

Once again, the staff and I would like to thank you for your raving review that was so eloquently said. We look forward to welcoming you and your son again in the future!
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed there only for two days, very clean, looks new. Very friendly staff, and helpful. Breakfast was a grab and go don't expect more than advertised. Though it did not disappoint. The only thing I was less than pleased with was the bed is on the hard side, but that is a personal preference. This is a nice hotel. The sign is hard to see and you will pass by it the first time.

Room Tip: You can see the mountains on a clear day, ask for a view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
It is so rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments and honesty about the beds, I am sorry they were not as comfortable as you'd hoped for as well as the street sign being difficult to see from the entry.

In addition, I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in preparing the rooms for arriving guests

Once again, the staff and I would like to thank you for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future...with a mountain view!
Victoria
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Room was awesome and clean, and we had information on how to access anything we didn't already have. Access to the hotel access road was a little difficult, but it was also close to restaurants. Great

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Christine - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the access to our hotel was difficult to navigate. We are addressing that issue. Still, we are pleased to know that our location was convenient for your travelling needs and that we provided you with a fresh, clean and comfortable room.

Once more, thank you for posting your review and sharing your thoughts. We'll look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Big enough rooms with good amenities. Friendly staff. Good prices. But! Bed linens were stained and second floor hallway smells like an ashtray. Wifi upgrade for $3 a day is fast but should be included.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so happy to hear that you found your to be spacious with good amenities and the staff to be friendly. Still, please know that we are sincerely sorry that the smell of smoke was present in the hallway and there was a stain on your bed sheet. We have discussed these issues and shared ideas, using your feedback, to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I truly appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sfw@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Spent about two months in Federal Way working a temp job, and I was most concerned about where I was going to be staying during that time in terms of noise, comfort, amenities and toting my dog along with me. But staying at Extended Stay turned out to be my least worry. It was pretty much everything I needed for myself and my dog. It was extremely quiet and safe and it essentially served all my needs.
A shout-out to Kelly, the hotel manager. She was fantastic, friendly and accommodating, and her staff was very good as well. The area features a lot of chain restaurants, but it's pretty convenient, close to I-5 and within reasonable driving distance to both Tacoma (very close) and Seattle (a little further). The kitchenette was small but sufficient, and the rest of the room was fine if basic. My only suggestions to the hotel chain: Please add more channels to the TV lineup, and make the highest speed Internet free. Also no big deal, but I wish juice and a little more variety was available with the breakfast, but nobody should expect too much more with your own kitchen to make a proper breakfast. I would definitely recommend this particular hotel due to the staff.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for sharing your suggestions and comments. As well, for letting us know that we had provided you and your pet with everything you needed during your stay.

Thank you again for all of your kind words, they truly made our day. The staff and I would love to provide you and your pet with another comfortable stay in the future should your travels bring you back to this area. We wish you the best in your new adventure.
Verona, Nj
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is an excellent facility, convenient to highways and shopping. It is clean, up to date, and has a great grab and go breakfast. Parking is ample and safe. And the facility, in spite of being near highways is very quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Lester - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such amazing things about your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the grab and go breakfast. As well, that you liked how convenient our location was to the freeway, and, even with access being so close, we were still able to maintain a quiet setting.

Again, we thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.