“Horrible experience”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Vancouver, Canada
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

What a nightmare - lost reservations, not enough beds, no cleaning. The hotel is nice but the staff was completely unorganized. I had a group booking which was lost and then I was given fewer rooms than I asked for and several were smoking despite having requested non smoking. I arrived at 6pm - we did not get all of our rooms until 10pm. Half the staff had no idea what was going on and even at check out I could not get a straight answer to how much I paid for the rooms. I will never, EVER stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Eatonville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed for only 1 night (had an interview to go to), but would definitely recommend the hotel. Absolutely loved the kitchen! It was like I was home (took away some of those nerves). The staff are wonderful and very helpful. Got the job too!

The location is nice also. Lots of restaurants around and Seattle isn't far away either.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor and at the very end of the hallway (facing the parking lot) are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed our great service, your clean room and our convenient location. I am happy to hear that we were able to be part of this exciting new chapter for you and hope the interview went well!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area during your relocation transition.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. We have stayed here in the past a few years ago and the stay was good but they have done some renovation and the place was bright and colorful.All the staff was friendly and helpful but I have to give a big shout out to Kelly Smith, the hotel manager. She was their everyday late into the evening as well as on weekends to make sure everything was being taken care of.She was awesome! We really enjoyed our stay!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the renovation results which truly has given us a bright and colorful look.

I'd also like to thank you for including the kind words in your survey. It's guests like you who complete that bright and cheery atmosphere. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Federal Way
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America in Federal Way for a month. I am 58 years old and I have stayed at a large variety of hotels and motels throughout this country and internationally.

I want to express my gratitude and high commendation for the staff at the Federal Way location. Every person there, without exception was extremely courteous, pleasant and helpful during my entire stay. I'm certain that this is in no small way attributable to the superior leadership of the manager, Kelly Smith.

I had researched other hotels, including other Extended Stay Hotels in the vicinity. I chose to stay at the Federal Way location because of the outgoing, supportive and friendly demeanor exhibited by Ms. Smith. She is an exceptional employee. She seemed to be in attendance 7 days a week and worked tirelessly. She was always ready with a helpful suggestion, or an extra attentive detail.

This was absolutely the best experience that I have ever had at a hotel. While certain extras provided at much more expensive hotels were not included, it was more than made up by the high quality service provided by the staff.

Room Tip: Definitely choose non-smoking. The ground floor is best. My location in the end unit (138) was ver...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Scott R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Scott - Thank you so much for posting such an impressive review of our property and writing such top-notch comments about the staff. We truly enjoyed hosting you and are delighted that we were able to provide you and your son with a genuine "home away from home" experience.

Once again, the staff and I would like to thank you for your raving review that was so eloquently said. We look forward to welcoming you and your son again in the future!
Beckley, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed there only for two days, very clean, looks new. Very friendly staff, and helpful. Breakfast was a grab and go don't expect more than advertised. Though it did not disappoint. The only thing I was less than pleased with was the bed is on the hard side, but that is a personal preference. This is a nice hotel. The sign is hard to see and you will pass by it the first time.

Room Tip: You can see the mountains on a clear day, ask for a view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
It is so rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments and honesty about the beds, I am sorry they were not as comfortable as you'd hoped for as well as the street sign being difficult to see from the entry.

In addition, I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in preparing the rooms for arriving guests

Once again, the staff and I would like to thank you for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future...with a mountain view!
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Room was awesome and clean, and we had information on how to access anything we didn't already have. Access to the hotel access road was a little difficult, but it was also close to restaurants. Great

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Christine - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that the access to our hotel was difficult to navigate. We are addressing that issue. Still, we are pleased to know that our location was convenient for your travelling needs and that we provided you with a fresh, clean and comfortable room.

Once more, thank you for posting your review and sharing your thoughts. We'll look forward to hosting you again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Big enough rooms with good amenities. Friendly staff. Good prices. But! Bed linens were stained and second floor hallway smells like an ashtray. Wifi upgrade for $3 a day is fast but should be included.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so happy to hear that you found your to be spacious with good amenities and the staff to be friendly. Still, please know that we are sincerely sorry that the smell of smoke was present in the hallway and there was a stain on your bed sheet. We have discussed these issues and shared ideas, using your feedback, to make sure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I truly appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sfw@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.