“Nice staff, clean rooms.”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Reviewed 23 March 2014

it's an average mid range hotel, nothing special. But definitely a step up from motel 6 or something along those lines. Check in was easy and courteous, the front desk workers were friendly and knowledgeable of surrounding activities ect. Our room was clean, carpet looked fairly new, and had a lcd tv. and a decent sized bathroom.this hotel is also in a good location, there's lots of food and a mall in walking distance. My only complaint would be that there is no computers you can use, although they do have free wifi. Just a few more amenities could go a long way here.
All in all it was a decent stay, a good value for the location, and customer service,

Room Tip: ask to be as far from a smoking room as possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Maddy2k
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean rooms and convenient location at a great value. Your feedback regarding our amenities will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Nasty black magic happens here: King rooms, booked months in advance, turn into Queen rooms overnight. The hotel overbooks rooms and then generously gives the King rooms to people who check in first. What does the hotel offer to make this right? A whopping $6 discount on my room rate.

Forget it.

Nice job, front desk Martina, manager Wyatt Blackender and corporate manager "Tracy". By the way, Tracy, way to go being available for your front desk staff but "at lunch" when I ask to talk to you directly. Talk about great service. Not.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Binesbs
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to my attention. I am sorry that you did not receive the room that you booked. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will discuss this issue with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for your feedback, as it will allow us to continue to improve our guest experience. Please contact me at sfw@extendedstay.com if you would like to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The door to the lobby does not open automatically. This is very inconvenient when dragging in luggage. The hallways smell like smoke. The rooms and general appearance of the place are dowdy and worn. The refrigerator was scratched, the bathroom sink was stained/moldy where the rim meets the counter. There are no hair dryers, shampoo, or other amenities provided in most hotels. You may, however get them upon request. The staff was great - polite, helpful, and in their spare time keeping the place clean. I reserved the room for 10 days but checked out after the first night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ale091
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and together, we are going to improve our cleaning services so that we can ensure these types of issues do not affect our future guests. Still, I am so glad that our staff provided you with such great service.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at sfw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

It is appropriately titled; apparently a lot of people stay there for extended times for various reasons. There was one kind gentleman who apparently used the lobby as his personal living room. He was frequently sitting in the lobby area, some times bare footed, reading and acted as sort of a non-formal greeter. Which in itself wasn't too bad but he did get involved with whatever business you had with the front desk staff, which in our case was a stolen cell phone and charger. The staff was active in trying to get the phone back (from apparently another guest who they mistakenly checked into our room while we were out), but never got the phone back. A police report was made and claim made against the hotel's insurance. The rooms were standard, nice having a kitchenette, but don't expect daily maid service. You get it only once a week or when you check out but you can take your used towels to the lobby for fresh ones as often as you like. The hallways were wreaking of cigarette smoke even near rooms that were supposedly non-smoking. The advertised breakfast was coffee and pre-packaged muffins and breakfast bars. The same ones all four mornings we were there. Would suggest more of a variety and more health conscious items. The hotel is in a great location, in walking distance of a variety of restaurants, grocery and drug stores, as well as a mall and movie theatre. It was also close to family we were visiting. Second time staying here. The price is right, staff is friendly but may try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SandraBrown28
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Sandra - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments about the friendliness of our staff; however, we apologize for the misunderstanding and loss of your friend's cell phone. To prevent this from happening again, I have reviewed the policy and procedures for moving guests and am reinforcing our strict guidelines. As well, I am sorry that the hallways had a smoke odor and that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Still, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location. We hope you enjoyed visiting with family!

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback or have any questions, please reach out to me at sfw@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel a well run establishment. The staff is both professional and knowledgeable. The rooms are clean and comfortable + have kitchenettes. I stay quite often in the area and this will be my preferred hotel. I was booked in a smoking room and am allergic to smoke the front end staff along with the manager accommodated a change to a non-smoking room. In addition, I received a call just after check in to ensure all me needs were met. What ore can I say high quality, clean, convenient and well run.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pookspeler
Reviewed 22 August 2013

...but the rest of the employees there are suspect at best. I arrived to find out that my King bed reservation via Expedia was not available (first time ever in 25 years for me going to hotels). I was offered a queen which is fine. Went up to room and it was a disaster. Apparently house-keeping lied and said it was done but it was clearly not. I was then offered a twin-bed room which I accepted only under the agreement that I be compensated. The great front desk lady actually called the manager at 10pm and arranged the compensation which I was very satisfied with. The next morning the manager (Kelly) was very apologetic and obviously sincere about how she was very disappointed in how my check-in experience was. Overall the facility is better than Motel 6 and other 1 star places and I could see why it is convenient for longer stays.

Room Tip: Double-check with the hotel about your reservation, and get the name of the person you talk to.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I sincerely apologize that we did not have your room ready for you which caused you to switch room types. To prevent this from happening again, I have explained the importance of communication between departments with my team.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please contact me, at sfw@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Overall average hotel, halls had a hint of smoke smell. the staff called at 1101 to ask if we were going to extend our stay. I was a bit surprise by this call, but I guess they need to know who still is in the room. The breakfast was pre package sweet bread and coffee. Not sure I will return

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jesfire415
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hi there,

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We appreciate the high cleanliness and location scores; however, we apologize that we had not communicated our departure time more clearly. We usually call the room prior to sending our housekeeper into a room that still shows as occupied to prevent an uncomfortable situation for everyone involved. I have discussed your comments with the team, and we are working on providing better communication to our guests. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at sfw@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.