“Pretty good Courtyard.”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Pretty good Courtyard.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This Courtyard was pretty good and met all my expectations. The only concern was that the room was dated and although there are balconies, I don't think you can go out on them (I couldn't in my suite). The location indeed was very convenient.

Room Tip: Ask to face away from the highway. My suite was huge, so could ask for an upgrade too.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel has newer lobby, but rooms seem dated with thin scratchy towels. Room was clean, staff pleasant. Breakfast isn't free and they overcharge for what you get. They have a shuttle to airport, but limited hours 6am-8pm. Location is great, walking distance to decent restaurants easy on/off I5. Just remember to ask for room not facing highway. Charging for breakfast and coffee at this price point made me consider moving to the Hampton Inn right next door, but they were booked solid. The towels in the bathroom reminded me of a red roof inn, the only pro was the free exfoilation I got drying off with these thin scratchy towels.

Room Tip: ask for higher room on side opposite of highway for less noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SEAFW, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Greetings, thank you for taking the time to share and review your recent stay with us. We appreciate and value the comments. We were sorry to hear we did not meet all your expectations. We strive to provide a clean and comfortable hotel, excellent food and outstanding staff. We will certainly be replacing the towels with our newly purchased ones. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to service you again on a future stay.
Christy Cason
Operations Manager
christine.cason@marriott.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was here on business several times last year. Why did I give it a 5/5 for your traditional Courtyard? It's because of all the factors that most people choose in a hotel. Hotel shuttle service? You got it. Friendly staff? They all knew my name and always wished me a good morning/good evening/welcome back. Breakfast? Among the best I have had and for those of you road warriors with some Marriott status should definitely take advantage of it. Location? Just right off the freeway exit and is conveniently located across a plaza and on Federal Way. It's a short drive to anything you want to get to and for those without a car, an easy walking distance to an organic market and some great restaurants. By no means was this a 5 star place. Your rooms will be your typical Courtyard, but it has all the things you really want to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank acwong27
Sturgeon Bay
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a nice hotel, but it has a fatal flaw. There is no coffee available after 10 am. They close their little restaurant and don't open again until dinner time. It was very frustrating to be holding a workshop on site and to not have coffee available for purchase during break! Government rules prohibited us from providing any food or beverages to our workshop attendees, so we were counting on the fact that the attendees would be able to purchase food/refreshments on site. There are, however, several restaurants in the immediate area, including the The Ram right next door, which was decent. My room was large and very clean. The staff was friendly. My other major complaint is the horrible bath towels. They were thin and very rough. In fact, they were ribbed and looked like pool towels. I expect better towels at a Courtyard!

Room Tip: I had an amazing room with a beautiful view of Mt. Ranier!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SEAFW, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and attending meetings while here. We appreciate and value your feedback. I realize your stay was not what you expected. I apologize we may not have met all your needs.
I wanted to take a moment and let you know we do have coffee service, food and snacks available through our Market and Front Desk. We are always happy to brew up a specialty coffee any time of day. Our Front Desk Associates are available to assist with these needs 24 hours a day.
Thank you for the nice comment on our friendly staff. If I may be of further service please feel free to contact me directly at 253-529-0200. We welcome and look forward to a future stay.
Sincerely, Christine Cason Operations Manager
Minnesota
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was here on business and found this hotel to be pretty average. The shuttle was nice and the driver was helpful to tell us where to go for dinner (there is a lot in walking distance nearby). Checkin was quick and the lobby is obviously updated. My room was clean and had a mini frig. There was not a safe which is something I like to lock up my kindle and computer when I don't need them. Breakfast was expensive. There is a Hampton Inn right next door which has free breakfast. Nothing wrong with this hotel but there is better nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GuyAndGalOnTheMove
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We appreciate your comments on our service and cleanliness of our guest rooms. I can understand we were unable to meet all your expectations. Our apologies for not being able to meet all your needs during your stay.
We do have an alternative solution for no safes in our guest rooms. We provide safety deposit boxes of different sizes located at the Front Desk complimentary.
We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again when visiting our area.
Thank you again for your feedback, Jenny Vasquez General Manager.
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Everything you need is here. Quick check-in, nice little store in the lobby for anything you forgot, and a wonderful little café for breakfast or evening cocktail. Rooms were dated but very clean. Pool is great for the kids too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your stay! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our 24 hour Market, as well as our Bistro food and beverage options. We appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back soon!

Jenny Vasquez
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Nice hotel, good location and great staff. Plus, for where I have to be in the morning it's easy and it does have a bit of variety in restaurant wise to choose from (nothing very fancy of fine dining). However, this is one of the Marriott Courtyards that underwent "enhancement". What that means is a crappy breakfast (overpriced) and the free coffee in the morning is gone.
I'm lifetime Platinum and getting tired of the "enhancements" making my travels more and more difficult. Wake up Marriott.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank George P
Thank you for taking time to share your experience! We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. As a Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards Member, your satisfaction is very important to us. I'm glad to learn that you enjoy our convenient location and service, but sorry to hear that the latest brand updates are not fully meeting your needs. If there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me directly. We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,