“Not worth the price!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Not worth the price!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I expected a night in a suite that cost me over $150.00 to be something special. I was very disappointed. As you enter the Hotel you see a wonderful lobby that really makes you feel like you are coming into a great place to stay. Upon check in though I was less then pleased. Desk clerk was rude and not friendly at all. The carpets on the 8th floor where our suite was were worn and looked like they were never laid right. Our room was nothing special at all. all the furniture was worn and way out of date with the way the lobby was decorated. The jetted tub was left on high so when my wife turned it on it sprayed water EVERYWHERE! we spent the next 30 to 40 minutes cleaning it up. we couldn't get the TV in the bedroom of the suite to turn on or off using the remote. I turned it on with the power button and couldn't get it to change stations. The TV in the living room area was nice enough but the station selection really left a lot to be desired. It seemed as though the only stations they had were QVC stations. No one ever asked us how our stay was and if they could get us anything. I think I would have been happier at the Shilo Inn for 80 dollars a night. At least I wouldn't have expected a great room and service for the price I paid!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Sequim, United States
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel has never disappointed from the rooms to the breakfast in the morning. The staff always has a smile, always very helpful. Good selection for breakfast and very enjoyable. The one bedroom guest rooms are spacious, clean and the beds very comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Jose, California
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom suite for a 3 night stay in January. Federal way is a cold place in January. There was frost in the carpark every day, it never got above freezing. More on that in a moment. I was travelling with my disabled mother in law, at the time she required a wheelchair to travel more than 30 yards, but she has no issue moving, albeit slowly around and to the bathroom. When we arrived we were informed that the lifts that weekend were out of order, and that use of one elevator was permitted with the assistance of an employee as a bellhop. We waited up to twenty minutes for an elevator when the employee went on break or forgot his radio. We asked if they had an appropriate room or rooms on the ground floor, but none was available and as we had booked through hotels.com the hotel refused to refund and allow us to stay elsewhere. But the fun was yet to come. It was cold as hell, but the airconditioner in my room (of the two bedrooms in the suite was set to cold and on. It could not be turned off, despite visits from the on site engineer. We were left with an unsafe room, and one that could not heat up in the middle of winter. On the monday we were checking out, I spoke to the manager, who apologized. He offered to make a refund in best western points so we could make a stay with the chain elsewhere at a later time. Despite 2 voicemails and 2 emails I have never heard back. On that basis, with this verifiable evidence I claim his property to be an unsafe death trap, his staff to be both insincere and ineffective. And finally a fraud, for refusing to honor agreements made for compensation. We spent $310 for cold, unsafe accommodation, it neither made for relaxation or productivity.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Federal Way hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with a super comfy king sized bed and 2 tvs, and on a busy long weekend with many conventions and festivals going on! We used a groupon, and it came out to $87.50 per night plus taxes. The location is just off the highway and right next to a shopping mall with lots of food places around.
The hotel included free parking and buffet breakfast. The staff were nice and friendly as well!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Hotel was great because it provided 2 bedrooms and a sitting room, kitchen. The only big BUT is that it is located right next to a huge lineup of electrical towers. Had I known this I would have never booked this location. At night in the parking lot we heard loud buzzing from the tower. Can't be good for your health?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I bought a Groupon for this hotel as i like the best western chain and this hotel is close to Wild Waves park. Usually Best Westerns are clean, comfortable and customer oriented. Not the case here. We stayed in their one bed room suite which had a hide-a-bed in the living room and a king bed in the bed room. The room was very dated and although spacious did not smell fresh. There were 4 of us (my wife and two teen kids) so we asked at the front desk for a roll a way for our daughter, but was told that since we used a Groupon we were "not to be given any extra's". What? I said I was willing to pay, but that didn't seem to matter. After some "discussion" the clerk finally relented and said we could have it for 10.00 a night. I had to call the front desk again at 10:00 to finally get it delivered. My daughter wanted to swim, so we went to the pool. The pool room boiling hot and was not ventilated at all. The water was so murky you couldn't see the bottom. It looked like the Ganges! The place was incredibly crowded and there were no towels, so we gave up on that idea and just we f back to the room to watch tv. To make a long story short... The continental breakfast was ok, the shower in the room did not drain properly, the maid never brought us fresh towels, the place was very crowded, the I Internet service did not work well, and the customer service was lacking. On the bright side, the hotel is in a great location close to good food and shopping, and we had a great time at Wild Waves! But skip this Groupon deal if offered

• Stayed August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here for 5 days starting on Thursday August 29 and leaving September 3. A full hotel and they handled it very well including extending the hot breakfast time to make sure everyone got fed! I would recommend it and we got a deal on Hotels.com

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the highway noise