“Pleasant stay but poor in-room wifi” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way

Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Vancouver, Canada
“Pleasant stay but poor in-room wifi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Good first impression; clean and well-kept parking lot and building exterior. Inside, bright lobby area and friendly staff at front desk. Efficient check-in had us on our way in a few minutes. Short clean hallways so you don’t have to drag your luggage for miles to get to your room.

Standard room on second floor with one queen bed had plenty of space to put things down on the floor and still have lots of room to move around. Not sure if all rooms have them but ours came with a working mini-fridge and microwave. Flat screen Panasonic TV with full cable menu. Comfortable bed, blanket between two sheets (not duvet), plenty of pillows. Clean room and washroom. Could use different shower curtains; the one in place was too narrow to cover both ends allowing water to run out on one end. Climate control worked well. Although close to I-5 and in the middle of a very busy traffic area, the room was very quiet. Self-serve breakfast included: scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes, pancakes, yogourt, waffles, donuts, cereal, juice, milk.

Little things that stood out in the good category: -- friendly staff; we were even greeted by staff as we passed along the hallways, -- quiet self-closing room doors, we did not hear the usual slamming doors from rooms beside us.

The not-so-good items: -- very poor wifi in the room (1 - 5.5 mbps; a decent connection should be around 54 mbps or more). Best connection is around the elevator area (>54mbps). Our room was only half way down the hall, the people at the end probably got no connection at all. – Parking lot is mostly well lit but does have some very dark areas between certain light stands.

Room Tip: If wifi is important to you then make sure you tell them at check-in.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Newmarket, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I liked this hotel, the front desk staff were super friendly. The room was quiet and the beds were very clean. The breakfast was plentiful. The shopping centre close by was a great place to walk off dinner. We only stayed one night on our way to Oregon.

Room Tip: I'd recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

For the rate, this place is a solid deal, they have a good included breakfast and free Wifi. This place is certainly past it's prime and could use a facelift, but it appeared clean and relatively well-maintained.
However, I won't be staying there again . . .
My issue arose with the staff. I booked through a 3rd party (Southwest Airlines) and upon check-in, they told me that they would be charging my credit card (not just getting the number for incidentals). I explained that it should already be taken care of, and they said they had a card on file, but could not use it since they didn't have authorization. I called SW and had their rep talk with the girl at the front desk, who kept commenting about how SW was being really difficult (which I thought was really unprofessional). After 20 minutes, she finally asked a manager what to do and within moments I was checked in. I feel that should have been their first reaction, rather than making me be the proactive one after a full day of traveling.

The next day I was in my room, but had forgotten to put up the do not disturb sign. Housekeeping knocked and I let her know that I didn't need anything today. Five minutes later someone else knocked on my door asking, wasn't I checking out today? I informed him that I was there for two more nights. Five minutes after that, I got a call from the front desk asking the same thing. Then asking if I had a man in my room?! I found this highly inappropriate and disorganized. I then called the number for the hotel manager to voice my dissatisfaction with staff and organization, only to find that his voicemail box was full. I'm thinking that I'm probably not the only one who has encountered issues with customer service there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Federal Way hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Friendly and prompt service! Comfortable bed and clean hotel. Delicious breakfast each morning including waffles, eggs, sausage, orange juice. Each time we left for the day we came back to a clean room and bathroom. Even when we left later it was done for us without having to ask. Our kids enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub. Friendly staff!! Reasonably priced room for a five night stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Courtenay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Problem with internet in first room quickly resolved with upgrade to suite. Very professional, well done Tyler(Front desk). The breakfast was well done, good variety hot and cold and well maintained. Check out with gift card presented some extra steps, but overall was handled ok.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband stayed in this hotel for a two night get away. We had never stayed here before but found an excellent deal through groupon so decided to take our chances. We were not disappointed. The staff were freindly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a mini fridge and microwave in the room and a large continental breafast with a good variety of items to chooses from. The bed was a king and was comfortable. The biggest problem was that our room was facing the front of the building and there was a massive blinding spot light facing directly in our 4th floor window. It came on as soon as the sun started to go down so you had to shut the curtains immediately and couldn't look out the window without having your retinas singed. I think the light is likely supposed to be shining on the hotel's name.

Room Tip: Ask for side of building away from spot light.
Spearfish, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I expected a night in a suite that cost me over $150.00 to be something special. I was very disappointed. As you enter the Hotel you see a wonderful lobby that really makes you feel like you are coming into a great place to stay. Upon check in though I was less then pleased. Desk clerk was rude and not friendly at all. The carpets on the 8th floor where our suite was were worn and looked like they were never laid right. Our room was nothing special at all. all the furniture was worn and way out of date with the way the lobby was decorated. The jetted tub was left on high so when my wife turned it on it sprayed water EVERYWHERE! we spent the next 30 to 40 minutes cleaning it up. we couldn't get the TV in the bedroom of the suite to turn on or off using the remote. I turned it on with the power button and couldn't get it to change stations. The TV in the living room area was nice enough but the station selection really left a lot to be desired. It seemed as though the only stations they had were QVC stations. No one ever asked us how our stay was and if they could get us anything. I think I would have been happier at the Shilo Inn for 80 dollars a night. At least I wouldn't have expected a great room and service for the price I paid!

• 1 of 5 bubbles