“Good BW Plus hotel in a great area”

Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Seattle
“Good BW Plus hotel in a great area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I spent a night here to escape the noise and bright lights of a parade in Seattle. The Evergreen Inn & Suites is typical of Best Western's "Plus" properties and provided a comfortable stay. It's located amidst a very good area for Western Washington, Federal Way, and offers many restaurants, retail and entertainment to suit anyone's tastes. It is also a transit hub for those who want to commute into Seattle, for instance, to attend a function.

The breakfast was ample and quite busy for a Saturday with many families on their Summer vacation. The hotel was well maintained and provided excellent service. We would recommend the hotel and stay again if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: We chose a room facing the freeway to the East to avoid the afternoon sun and heat.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Whittier, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were in town for a family wedding and we were very pleased to have chosen this hotel. I originally made reservations with another hotel but when my plans changed and I had to add an extra day, the other hotel DOUBLED their price. So I switched to BW and was soo happy I did. The room was very large (two bedrooms: Kind bed and Queen Bed) which fit our family perfectly. The staff was very cordial and helpful even though they were extremely busy. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Maria M
Sandusky, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a very nice hotel, it was clean and we had no negative comments. It is a larger hotel and the staff is constantly busy, but were very considerate answering our questions. We ate at the on-site restaurant and had a good meal, and breakfast was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Spring, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel is in good proximity for sight seeing of the Greater Seattle area, the Cascade mountain area and any other in the general area. You get good value for what you pay for the room, especially with the bountiful breakfast which is included. The rooms are spacious with good amenities, and the staff seem willing to resolve any difficulties that may arise during a guests stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Thank Denise L. G
Portland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Always nice to have room service at a property. Food was very good and very reasonably priced. All amenities were at this hotel. Great for traveling. Location right off the freeway, with shopping and restaurants all around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff is extremely helpful and friendly, our two bedroom suite was large and affordable. The décor is a bit dated but that wasn't a big deal since I was traveling with my elderly uncle and he was comfortable. The hotel is located close to several restaurants, a mall and near the interstate, you can not go wrong with this budget friendly hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

On a recent trip to WA via SEA, I was arriving late and needed a hotel for the night before a long drive the next day. I chose this BW due to its easy access on and off the 5 and it was on my route of travel not far from SEA.

This hotel, a BW Plus, is a middle grade hotel in the BW chain, but I will say that the decor and furnishing are very dated. I liked that had a full service restaurant on-sight so that I didn't have to find someplace outside the hotel, but on arrival I saw that the surrounding area is loaded with shopping and restaurants. It is also a 100% smoke-free hotel, which is a huge feature that I consider when booking.

The hotel is a multi-story high rise type building. I was on the top floor in room 819, a one Queen-bed room. The only things I used in the hotel were my room and the restaurant for my late dinner and early morning free breakfast. I can not comment on any other aspects of the hotel. I think I was in the hotel for a total of 8 hours including meals, check in to check out, most of which was sleeping. Please see the hotel's web site for a complete description of room types and amenities.

One thing I found odd about my room was that the shower rod was installed really high and the shower curtain was short, which resulted in the shower curtain not wanting to stay inside the tub while in use. I have had hotel shower curtains that were mounted too low before, resulting in having to stand on the accumulated shower curtain in the bottom of the tub, but having one that was too short to stay in the tub was a new one for me.

I read some of the negative service comments in other reviews but can't honestly say that I noticed anything one way or the other - not outstanding or horrible, just average.

I would consider staying here again if in the area, but only rate it average overall. As a BW Gold member, I did expect something nicer from a BW Plus, which is part of why I picked this one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo