“No lamps near the bed and stained carpet” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way

Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
fairbanks
“No lamps near the bed and stained carpet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This was a stop over trip from coming overseas. The first set of keys did not work to the room. The rug was stained. The tv did not work. There are no lamps next to the bed so for light you have to get out of bed and go to the wall switch near the door.

I stay at a lot of Best Westerns an am very disappointed with this one. It is noisy and the staff seem to not care about customer service. I would not stay here again. There are better Best Westerns closer to the airport.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank elaine w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We did not even stay at this hotel, but I still want to list this review.

I booked this hotel and later in the day (of our trip) I got a phone call from the hotel. He told me that they made a mistake and overbooked the hotel and they didn't have any rooms left for us. I was told that we could stay at their sister hotel. I did not want to do that because that hotel was closer to my house and it did not have a pool. I could have stayed home for free. I appreciated that they tried to move the reservation, but we were school clothes shopping and the kids wanted to swim. I just want to forewarn others to be aware of this issue. I have never had a hotel do this to me.

2 Thank Andrew M

Travellers are raving about these Federal Way hotels

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Location was good and price was right. The room was older but clean. The whole stay was fine there except for the check out clerk experience. We had to be up and out early in the morning before breakfast was available to the check in clear ordered us boxed breakfasts to take to the airport. When we checked out at 5:40 the next morning, the rude clerk informed us that the boxes were ready at 3am and have since been put under lock and key which she couldn't get because she doesn't have a key and it isn't her fault and there is nothing she would do. I am wondering if she expected we were going to come down at 3am and get them (but that would have required mind reading as well). Way to ruin a stay!

Rooms
1 Thank ElaineG29
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Every thing about this place was good. Staff was nice,room was clean,bed was very comfortable! Check in is at 3pm but was not a problem for us, we planned for a 4pm check in. hot tub was clean but alot of chlorine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

1. I arrived at the hotel at around noon. Considering my knowledge of standardized check-in/check-out times considering the 24 hours counted as one day and my experience with tens of hotels all over the world, I was really surprised to hear that the check in time was 3 pm and that my room was not ready. Well, I know that in summer some hotels reduce the one day definition to 18 and/or 19 hours, but the latest check in time experience had been only 2 pm. I could handle it, if not a young gentleman coming to the hotel after me, indicating that he had made a reservation about 2 months ago and getting his room before me. I definitely raised this issue immediately to your front desk staff and one of them (a young gentleman, who had no name tag) managed to find another room for me. BUT the fact that somebody coming after me, got a room earlier than I did, even though officially the the check-in time for ALL was named as 3 pm is totally disrespectful towards the customers.

2. When I went to my room, I was already half asleep, when somebody opened my room from outside with another key and when they saw me in bed, they left. I don't know what happened, I was too tired and sleepy to go to the reception immediately, but when my room is opened by somebody while I am there without any notification, this is terrible.

3. during the check in I informed the staff that I was going to pay for my stay by cash; I was asked for a credit card and was told that only 70 USD for extras will be put on hold from my card. I agreed. Guess what happened next???? I got a message from my bank that 290 USD was put on hold. I went to the reception for the clarification and I was told that they cannot do anything.

4. Extra???? What is extra when the fridge is empty, there is not even water there??????

5. Room cleaning _ the moment I thought that it could not become any worse, It was proved the opposite. On the first day of my say I came back to my room at around 6 pm and the room was not done. I went to the reception and I was told that the rooms are done only if you ask for this. Seriously???? So cleaning the rooms is not done automatically as in all normal hotels????? I understand the need of in advance request of some particular things (e.g. not leaving the AC on or keeping windows open etc.) but the room cleaning???? Even hostels clean the rooms every day without prior request.

Room Tip: Don't choose the hotel, who speaks of the room choice.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SophiaP27
Hamilton, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The price was not quoted to us correctly when we made reservations. For the price the rooms were not maintained well. The hotel was understaffed as far as we could see. The wall paper was coming off the wall in our room. The amount of towels needed for the 3 guests was not provided we had to continually ask for more. We were there 5 nights, staying for a swim meet in the area, and would never stay there again.

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Honolulu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel last night after arriving at Sea-Tac airport at 10:00 pm. My boyfriend and I selected this hotel because of its close proximity to a Budget rental car office located in Kent, as the prices there are markedly lower than picking a car up from the airport. This hotel offers a free shuttle service which we appreciated, but our driver didn't say a single word to us when we were picked up. Not a smile, not a greeting, nada. Just silence.

When we arrived at the hotel it took us about 35-40 min to check in, which was completely ridiculous. There were a lot of young kids/teens from a swim team staying in the hotel, and many of them were purchasing items which clogged the line. The sole woman working there looked visibly stressed, and I feel it was poor judgment of her to service people purchasing food items over people who were simply trying to check in. I had to go down to the lobby 3x that evening, and all three times the woman at the front desk was chatting away on the phone and looked very unhappy/tired of being there. While she did assist me, her body language and tone of voice showed to me that she simply didn't want to be there or found me to be somewhat of an inconvenience to her.

The hotel room was nice and clean, but the bathroom was extremely small and cramped. The water pressure was horrible and it took forever to take a decent shower.

The one saving grace of this hotel is the extremely fast internet speed. It is FAST - more so than at my home and faster than any other hotel I've stayed at.

If service quality is not that important to you, then stay here. If it is, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple