“VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Tigard, Oregon
“VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed here because of an event at the Tacoma Doima. Front desk was very welcoming and told us about a free shuttle to the concert venue, which eliminated the need to drive there and incur parking costs. Room was very comfortable and clean--no complaints. Free breakfast was average in variety and presentation. Handy location to many nearby restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Ferndale, Washington
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were in town for Eagles concert, I couldn't get closer to the Tacoma Dome. I reserved a room, letting them know I had a small dog. We arrived at 3 for check in, the room was ready. We had to pay 70 dollars in advance for the dog, however, that was expected. We also had a Best Western gift card and it was accepted with no problems. The room was on the second floor. The grounds were clean and had some grassy areas to walk the dog. The staff was very attune to the questions I had. I went in the morning and asked if there was a shuttle to the Tacoma Dome. The staff had a sign up sheet, which I signed up for. When we got down to the lobby at 4:30 for a 4:45 shuttle van. After about twenty minutes the clerk came out to explain the van was a bit late. There would be two vans there in a few minutes. By the time the vans came, there were enough people going to the concert too. The van drivers were safe and knew the fastest way to the Dome. I was pleasantly surprised. The breakfasts are pretty standard. The line does get long at certain times. I didn't like the sausage links, they tasted odd. Another strange thing is the shower curtain is just long enough to stay in the tub. Not sure why they didn't buy shower curtains six inches longer. All in all the stay for two nights was very pleasant. Its a good choice if you can't get in the Best Western at the Tacoma Dome. The bar was not open as far as I could tell the entire time we were there. Very odd.
A last note. We take our dog to a lot of hotels. He has never done any damage, is quiet, and a good neighbor. Not sure why the hotels continue to charge everyone a $20 per day charge. I would be happy to actually pay for the damage he did, rather then pay a fee per day. I could take three kids running around and not be charged extra. I wish I would get answer one day.

Room Tip: Even though close to the interstate, I didn't hear it on the inside.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
federal Way, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great experience over all loved our 2 bedroom Suite, Front Desk Staff wasn't very friendly at time of check in & prior phone conversations in confirming room reservation, But the clerk at check out was very friendly & hospitable. Loved the food in the Restaurant (had Coconut Shrimp) price & portion were great! Excellent location! Would definitely stay there again!

Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had planned a trip to the coast followed by a shopping day trip in Seattle. We decided to try this hotel. When I booked this hotel on my airlines website I had paid for a two bedroom suite, as always I call after I make any reservation to make sure I'm set. The front desk gal confirmed I had a two bedroom suite with two queen beds. I arrive at the hotel three weeks later to check in and I got a one bedroom suite with a king bed. I call the front desk and she tells me its not her problem because her system says I had booked a queen room. Then I asked if I could downgrade to a regular two queen bed room, and tells me they're sold out. I go on their main site and they still had plenty of two queen beds. At checkout they didn't dare to ask how our night was having four people in a one king bed room. Listen to all the other reviewers this hotel truly sucks at customer service. Terrible Best Western plus with a small pool, regular rooms and crappy service. I wish you could rate negative points :(

To anybody who books at this hotel GOOD LUCK!

Room Tip: stay at a nearby hotel
4 Thank seanatchee

Travellers are raving about these Federal Way hotels

Great Falls, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've stayed at this location before with no problems but this last time let me down. First the AC didn't work very well. Then at the in hotel bar it takes 15-20 to get a drink as any time we stopped for a drink no one was at the bar. When we asked at the front desk we were told to wait and someone would be there to help at some point. Then we wife's wedding ring gets stolen from the bathroom. I know she shouldn't have left it in the room big mistake. But when you leave things in rooms that belongs to you and someone takes it and the front desk really doesn't do much to help or care its frustrating. I've stayed in hotels all around the world and never had anything taken.

2 Thank Ken W
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

A really good hotel that includes a hot tub and a pool, gym and a very calm lounge. 6am-10:30am is breakfast. We booked 1 room for 2 adults and 3 children and were pleased. The room is very clean. The price was very reasonable. Staff is extremely nice! Has everything what a good hotel should have.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is really nice when you walk in and you do get the occasional friendly front desk person. However, the rooms are tiny! They offered no maid service. I had to call front desk twice both nights we stayed to get towels and an extra blanket. Both times I ended up getting them myself because no person came to room with them. We came back to a room with beds not made up, all our wet towels on the floor, no extra coffee packets, and no towels for the next day. I tried to voice my concern upon checkout and was told sorry and given the link to tripadvisor. The front desk clerks reply to my concern was "sometimes you have to check with housekeeping to get them to tidy a room" Wow, I have had better service at Super 8 and paid ALOT less. I'm surprised because usually Best Westerns are my favorite, but not this Best Western.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
1 Thank Sherry R