“Losing Score”

Scoreboard
Ranked #163 of 236 Restaurants in Federal Way
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 13 January 2009

Met some friends at the Scoreboard on a Tuesday night. The place was about 40% full but the wait for service was commensurate with a capacity crowd. Our friends were regulars and they commented on the slothful service as well. After about 15 minutes we were able to order our meals. 30 minutes later a group of people arrived at a table adjacent to ours and 20 minutes after that they had recieved their meals but we had not. Needles to say this was an intolerable experience so we requested to speak to the manager. Our food finally arrived after more than an hour but the manager (whom turned out to be the owner, Ron Zaffino) waited another 20 minutes to address our concerns.

The worst part of our Scoreboard Pub experience was not the cold food, the tasteless house specialties, the indifferent wait-staff, or even the agonizing wait for all of the above. No, the worst part of our evening was owner Ron Zaffino's rude and defensive method of addressing dissatisfied customers. We all know that pubs can be hit or miss but when an entire table is relating the same story to the owner of the business and he never bothers to be polite or understanding, never bothers to express regret but rather becomes accusatory and rude, there can be no excuse. Lest you think the drink had a part to play in our reactions or his, I can attest that no one at the table had consumed more than 2 beverages if for no other reason then we couldn't have gotten them even if we'd ordered more.

Moral of the story:

Stuff happens, the customer is always right, good publicity is expensive while bad publicity is priceless, and the Scoreboard Pub in Federal Way is not worth your time. Try the Right Spot in Fife or the Swiss in Tacoma.

Good day.

4  Thank Hera-Bera
ScoreboardPub, owner at Scoreboard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2009

Our staff is trained to field and deal with complaints in a professional manner. Our staff is not required to tolerate verbal abuse from co-workers, administration or patrons.

Reviewed 25 August 2008

Went there for some drinks! the bartender changed tip from a $3.00 tip to thirty something went in next day and the owner gave me my money back in protest! blew up on me and told me he would call police.. as he was giving me my $$$ back! I showed him my slip, he had manager get the carbon copy you could see it had been altered! the owner was a real jerk! I will never go in there as long as I live! Also 1/2 the people that go in there are a bunch of punks! and most of there worker are young! and don't know first thing about service the just want a tip! And if it's not big enough they will steal it from you! beware!

2  Thank UNHAPPY5005
ScoreboardPub, Owner at Scoreboard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2009

The average age of servers at the Scoreboard Pub is over 30 years of age )employees stay an average of 7.3 years).

We do not use carbon copies for credit card transactions. We provide each patron with 2 hard copies of their receipt.

On the rare occassion that we make a mistake tendering a credit card, we do not issue cash back. We credit the credit card.

We haven't taken a survey recently to see if we are over the self imposed limit of 50% punks.

Ron Zaffino, owner

Reviewed 29 July 2008

I ordered a sandwich that comes with either chicken or beef and the server did NOT ask which I preferred, but instead brought the chicken sandwich. That was NOT the one I wanted, but the darned thing was tasty as can be!! I went for lunch and the server was a young, good looking guy who smiled quite a bit. That was truly the one thing that saved him from my "wrath." I didn't mention that I had wanted the beef...
The downside is that he seemed to be the only server and the place was fairly crowded. Service was slow at best and I had to ask for my check so I could get back to work on time.
To sum it up~ GREAT sandwich, POOR service.

1  Thank tommiesue