“Tasted Home Cooked”

Curry House
Ranked #9 of 60 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My daughter, son-in-law and baby granddaughter from Brooklyn New York and I had lunch there. My daughter, a "foodie" who used to live in Manhattan (for a long time) eats out a lot in all types of cuisine and all levels (pricing) of restaurants. Asked her how the food par up to New York's Indian restaurants, she said the food tasted good and were more like home cooking. The green sauce for the appetizers (fritters which were good and turnovers were ok) looked very green, when son-in-law said they added food coloring, I did not want any. I asked the waitress what were used to make the green sauce, if they added any food coloring, why was it so green. The waitress said no food coloring at all. The curry chicken and curry eggplant were good. Asked for Okra curry which was on the menu, but it was not available. We asked for medium (spicy), but the eggplant curry was quite hot, not so with the chicken curry. Hard to find the eggplant in the eggplant curry, but the chicken curry had cubes of chicken breast without skin, and seemed without fat. Nan was very good. It was quite reasonaby home cooked Indian curry food. Ambien and decor were basic.

1  Thank healthyeater2013

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Traveling north, we stopped in Ferndale for lunch. This place looked interesting but there weren't many customers. That always concerns us but we were NOT disappointed. A special was described and it wasn't something we would have chosen from the menu. However, we went with the recommendation and were extremely pleased. I can't remember all the ingredients, other than spinach, but the sauce was flavorful, with just the right amount of spice.

We are glad to have found this place and hope others patronize them, too. We want to have it there when we are next in the area!

1  Thank Lyndy468
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food here is always very flavorful, and you can order it with a slight variation of spiciness in some of the dishes, which for us is good because I can't eat it as hot as my husband can. The service is always friendly and good. We will be back!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Declicious Indian food. Lovely hosts. One of our favorite places. We had guests from Rhode Island, San Francisco and Boston. They rated it very well, too.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We came here on Valentine's Day for a "romantic" lunch. The kitchen staff had the TV blaring which was really distracting. The saag paneer was acceptable, the Chicken Tandoori acceptable but the other dishes less then appealing. The naan was a little thinner than I am used to but that may be a regional difference. I think it's back to Vancouver for us.

Been to Curry House? Share your experiences!