“Basic atmosphere but great food!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Guido's Italian Steakhouse and PIzzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Seattle
“Basic atmosphere but great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

My husband and I were staying near Ferndale so looked on TripAdvisor (yay!) for an Italian restaurant and saw the good reviews for Guido's. The decor is basic, but we figured due to the reviews we'd give it a try. We're glad we did! We expected iceberg salads before our meals but they were lovely greens, and the pasta dishes were outstanding! Not your standard small town Italian restaurant. The staff are friendly and the owner came around to see how we were enjoying our food, really nice. We recommend Guido's!

• Visited April 2013

Bellingham, WA
“Good family restaurant in Ferndale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We had heard of this restaurant from others and decided to try it. My husband ordered the seafood linguini and loved it. I ordered gnocchi with red sauce. I am very picky about gnocchi and Guido's was just okay. They were definitely homemade but a little too much flour taste - I prefer to taste more potato. The red sauce was very bland. My son ordered a personal pizza which at 10 inches was a prefect size. It was tasty and had a nice thin crust. Our dinners came with soup or salad. My husband loved the salad with the Greek vinaigrette and I loved the thick creamy chicken dumpling soup. The garlic bread was very good. The male server was very friendly and efficient and food came quickly. We will probably go here again and try some of the other entrees but I doubt I will order the gnocchi again.

• Visited January 2012
Everson, WA
“Great Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I love this restaurant. It always has really good food and fast service. The appetizers are always fantastic. We really love the steamer clams! Also the lasagna is excellent! Not your run of the mill Italian food. Made fresh not like the Olive Garden. The staff is always really friendly and its a great place to bring the family. But they also have a really fun bar that has bands and excellent drinks. Highly reccomend this if you really like Italian food!

• Visited October 2011
Bellingham, Washington
“Cooking from the heart”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

Apparently all the recipes at Guido's are from the grandmother's hand-written in Italian recipe cards. From the lasagna to the Italian cookies they gave away at their grand opening, it's all about Nona. Great lounge. Will return.

• Visited May 2011