My friend and I stayed here for a night as we were attending a concert at Mount Baker Theatre. Lodging would be considerably more expensive in Bellingham so we decided to stay in Ferndale. We planned on having dinner with friends then playing some slots before going to the concert.
The Silver Reef property is nice looking. Due to the Senior's Convention, there wasn't a lot left to choose from. We ended up in Diamond Executive King suite for $169 per night. It was a spacious room with a spacious Euro-style bathroom. "Diamond" means the top floor which requires a card to access. This floor has its own lounge which would be ideal to invite people over to watch the game or hang out a bit. The bed was too soft for our liking, as we tended to sink into the middle. But there were tons of pillows to choose from.
The casino is deceptively large. There are 1200 slot machines and 20 table games. The restaurants, cafes, bar/lounges are scattered through the casino floor. The dinner buffet was fabulous but expensive if it's not free (see TIPS below). They have a seafood (king crab legs, lobster), and pasta bar along with the regular salad, meat and dessert (gluten-free brownies are to die for) bars. I paid for my dinner buffet which wasn't worth it because I wasn't that hungry. The continental breakfast provides cereals, pastries, some hot items and a make-your-own waffle station. It's nothing to write home about but did the job.
PROS: parking is plentiful, nice property (imagine Vegas lights set against a rural background), some entertainment on-site (mainly for adults with casino, event theatre, evening bands playing at the casino lounges), fitness room, swimming pool, some restaurants on-site, gift shop carries a variety of First Nations products, panoramic views from 6th floor suites, excellent service
CONS: not much to explore in vicinity so will likely require a car to get around, bed was too soft, pizza was a 45-minute wait which they didn't tell me until I paid (pay when you order)
CONCLUSION: I'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Reef is the Home of the Best Slots and Biggest Winners! We are located 90 minutes North of Seattle and 60 minutes South of Vancouver, BC, open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, complete with a non-smoking section. In addition to a high quality gaming experience, we have a 206 room hotel, five restaurants (including our Award Winning Steak House), four bars, two espresso bars, and a relaxing spa. Located off I-5 Exit 260 & 4 minutes West in Ferndale, WA. All hotel rooms on property are now non-smoking and pets will no longer be allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Reef Hotel Ferndale
- Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa Ferndale, Washington