“Just a great place to be!”

Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ferndale
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Just a great place to be!”
Reviewed 2 March 2009

This hotel is a hidden gem with wonderful staff!

Since the location is off the beaten track, it is surprising to find everything you need in one location. I would have to say that I was very impressed when I stayed here!

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel has many places to dine and the casino to have some fun in.

The staff are very friendly and down to earth. Great place to be! Try it out!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank sjcan8119

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 December 2008

The Silver Reef continues to offer good value for your dollar. I am a Blackjack player and they offer a good 2 deck game with favourable rules. The casinos in the lower mainland of British Columbia do not offer good value and have become addicted to continuous shuffle machines as well as high table minimums. The Silver Reef offers good dining choices, I have stayed at this property more than once and have never been disapointed. Staff are friendly and helpful, the price of alcohol is reasonable (unlike the overpriced booze in B.C.) the present a very good package and I will be taking my entertainment dollars here more often

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — second hand smoke
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Chilliwack, BC
Reviewed 7 October 2008

We have stayed at the Silver Reef several times while attending events in the area. We always book a room on the 6th floor as we have found it to be the "best" floor. Last time we booked in March and arrived at the hotel in June to find that we did not get booked into the room we wanted. They had upgraded us to a one bedroom suite and the bedroom was as big as the room we normally stay in there. Fantastic...one and a half baths, large jacuzzi tub and a shower that would fit at least 4 people comfortably. The sitting area had a large couch and a wet bar, lots of room, only wish I could afford to stay there every time.

The hotel has a number of features that, unfortunately, we have yet to use. The included buffet breakfast is very nice, a good way to start the day.

• Liked — Comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Smoking allowed in casino and some rooms which tends to drift through the hotel
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chilli56
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 June 2008

A few months back, my fiance (now wife) and I realized we had fallen a bit behind on booking a venue for our rehearsal dinner. We wanted something nice, but needed someplace that wouldn't cost too much. We spoke with the Silver Reef and found that they would be able to accomodate us. The rest was mostly an afterthought - we put down a $200 deposit, had them set aside a block of rooms for three days, and picked what we would have them serve for dinner.

I arrived at the Silver Reef on Wednesday and stayed in one of their rooms with a King bed. The hotel was obviously on top of their game because I was greeted with a box of chocolates and a hand written note, thanking me for booking our event with the hotel. The room was very clean, very modern and well decorated, and offered plenty of space. The bathroom had plenty of space to get ready (which was important for me since I was staying there the night before our wedding), marble countertops, and a well-lit vanity in addition to the sink counter.

The bed was firm but comfortable, and they had plenty of pillows and soft sheets (not too plush, but more than sufficient).

I had my laptop with me during my stay, and found that the wifi offered in the rooms was pretty fast. I did notice though that the network antenna was literally right outside my window, and the signal wasn't very strong (three of five bars). I'm guessing that there may be rooms in the hotel where the signal is fairly weak, but they do have ethernet lines in the room should that be the case.

The only things that surprised me about the room were the small bathtub, and the fact that the tv wasn't a flat screen - which seemed out of place since the room and hotel were so new.

Our rehearsal dinner went off without any incident whatsoever. The food was fantastic and nearly every one of our guests made comments to that effect. This was especially nice since we had put no effort into the night - it was all due to the attention paid by the staff at the Silver Reef. Our guests also enjoyed the casino, although the new slot machine/card/membership system is rather counter-intuitive. Also, the smoke filtration system needs a fair amount of work - some people opted not to gamble simply because it was so smoky.

When I returned to my room after the rehearsal dinner, I found chocolate covered cookies and another hand-written note wishing luck for the next day.

All in all, the Silver Reef was a great experience. Its proximity to Ferndale and Bellingham worked out great for us, but that aside, the facility and staff are to be commended.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank murph929
B.C.Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2008

We stayed for 2 nights,3 days .Feb 24/26,2008
Room was Super clean,quiet and spacious.
Bathroom has separate make-up vanity area,and separate bathtub section.
In room coffee maker,one cup at a time, Make sure you add water on the SIDE or you will have a flood.
Step stool to use if you are Short,as beds are so High.
Hotel is 6 floors with 2nd. floor for the smokers.
We enjoyed the mini-buffet breakfast, Buffet Lunch and Buffet Dinners. Mocha coffee ice cream was fantastic.
We used the nice hot-tub and small indoor pool.
Casino: Not too smoky,as I have been in worse. Ticket system is a little confusing.
We found the Staff to be Very Friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Comfy Beds
  • Stayed February 2008
1 Thank JoLeen2
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2007

Silver Reef - Stayed here for several non-consecutive nights in late August 2007. The hotel was quite nice. Rooms were clean and quite spacious. The decor was farily swanky and far from the typical gaudy hotel decor. The bathrooms were very nice and quite large with the sink and makeup counter separated from the shower and toilet. We stayed on the "Executive" floor (6th) one night and then the 4th floor for two nights. We did not hear any noise from the parking lot or the casino floor. The 6th floor includes additional amenities including: secure access to the floor, robes, extra bath products, bottled water, chocolate covered cookies, and an ultra swank and modern lounge on the floor. We were given coupons for a deluxe buffet breakfast in the casino for each morning. The food was decent, but nothing spectacular. We did not like having to walk through the smoky casino floor to get to the breakfast area. Several nice services were available- the hotel stored luggage for us in their luggage room and an Internet terminal and printer were available near the concierge desk. Must-do/see things in the area: Chocolate Necessities & Gelato (Yum! Yum!), Samson Estate Winery, Peace Arch, Honey Moon Meadery, The Bagelry, and Boundary Bay Brewery.

• Liked — Comfy beds.
  • Disliked — Breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shigadeyo
British Columbia
Reviewed 15 August 2006

We stayed at the Siver Reef Hotel one night, which happend to be their second day of opening. Everything smelled new and clean. The rooms were spacious and the bathroom had a separate vanity area also very spacious. The service was good throughout and the staff very accomodating. The pool and hot tub was nice. We also had complimentary breakfast in the morning. If you didn't make it down by 10:00, you could use your voucher at the coffee shop for a coffee and pastry, which was a nice alternative. The breakfast bar was great. They had coffee and tea of course. There were cereal, assorted muffins, pasteries and breads, fruit, an egg dish (hot), and waffles. The fun thing about the waffles were that you got to make it yourself and it was hot off the griddle. We never had a chance to use the spa, but did walk through it to go to the changing room for the pool and took a peek at the gym, can't really remember but there must have been a least 4 or 5 pieces of gym equipment. Also never had a chance to use the casino. It looked big though. Not much to do outside the hotel's immediate area. Bellingham would be the closest city with shopping and less than 10 minutes away.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — The area is not the most scenic
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
8 Thank raven3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndale
Oxford Suites Bellingham
#5 of 26 in Bellingham
The Chrysalis Inn & Spa
The Chrysalis Inn & Spa
#15 of 26 in Bellingham

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa? Share your experiences!