“Where are the police?”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Memphis
“Where are the police?”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

First I have no complaints for the staff but the property itself was a nightmare. When people are living in the rooms you realize that there may be a problem. We saw open drug deals in the parking lot, prostitution as men came and went in the rooms. Do not take your families here! Hair dryer didn't work. Very old tv with about 5 channels and just down right scary. The smell from the trash was terrible outside of the rooms. NEVER AGAIN! Also had to get the keys fixed about 5 times.I will be calling the BBB and the Fife police just to check out the hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else is the best tip I can give you.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stewart W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Checked in 2-22-2013, lost our reservation, had to wait, then our room didn't have working t.v.'s, so we switched rms, then that room didn't have t.v. and 2wasn't clean, then she had us move again and the room had heavy smoke smell even though they guaranteed a smoke free rm, the fridge was missing, several lights didn't work, 1 t.v didn't work, there was trash piled up in the walkways, we found a dirty napkin and food crumbs in the hide-a-way bed, it was NASTY! Worst hotel expereince ever. The hotel owner also asked us if we took a blanket upon checking out...I told her to come to the room with me to prove I didn't take anything from her nasty hotel- the maid said "oh I found it". We would NEVER stay here agin. People were lined up complaining as we were checking out! Dominoes woldn't even deliver, they said the crime was too high near and at the hotel!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel. The hotel was filthy, loud and had horrible customer service.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KandJ1997

Travellers are raving about these Fife hotels

Austin, TX
Reviewed 23 September 2012

There was evidence the door had been kicked in before, we only had one working outlet (one lamp & one charging phone), & the worst part of all was that we got wet from the mattress!!! The staff had covered a wet mattress stain with clean sheets & my husband & I woke up wet with some mystery fluid on us. DISGUSTING!!!!!! Do NOT stay here! The pictures online are lies!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley A
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 21 September 2012

They had some sort of infestation and had mattresses piled up in the breezeway as well as couches, chairs and other furniture piled in parking spaces. They made a mistake and gave me a sweet by the pool but the electronic key wouldn't open the door. I went back to the front desk where a manager that had arrived discovered the error and put me in another room. The manager didn't even know if the room was clean and asked another employee to go with me to the room which I waited for him outside in my car for 30 Min's. I then left to the room without him and it not only hadn't been cleaned but my electronic key failed again to open the door. I had to go back to the front desk where they made me wait in line for two other customers before they gave me any help. I had to get mad and demand my money back before they even gave me any notice at all. I had booked this Inn on hotels choice a month in advance. The Room that they were going to put me in at the last was across from a parking area for Semi-Trucks that sat with engines running all night long. This place is a total dump.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank R W
Bridget K, Manager at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback is an invaluable tool in our dedication to serving you better. We strive to make our guests stay a positive experience and for their comfort we recently embarked on getting new beds and furniture. We would like to add that this was not from a result of any infestation.
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This is ridculous!!! From start to finish it has been a nightmare. I called to make a reservation for 2 rooms with 2 double beds. I had a gift card from my father and when I called I was told I could not use it to make reservations but I could to pay for the room. Well that was fine but she treated me like I was stupid and just down right rude! I got my confirmation email with my total and everything. Thank goodness I printed it out because when I got there to check in they quoted me $60 more than what my email said!!! Also they didn't know how to use a gift card! I waited for over 20 minutes just to get check in. When they tried to charge me for the rooms I showed them my email and thank goodness they honored that price or I would have flipped! Once I finally got our keys we went to our rooms and oh my! We got 2 non smoking rooms and for 1 our rooms were on complete opposite sides if the hotel which was so inconvenient because with kids going between rooms was extremely scary! And for 2 our rooms smelled strongly of smoke! We walked in and was automatically hit with the overwhelming smell. We had to leave the door and windows open to try as air it out. It didn't help that the staff was smoking outside my room. These rooms were so cramped. With 4 people in the room it was like we were stepping on each others toes. We walked into the bathroom and it smelled like urine and the bathtub wa cracked. Our clock, microwave, and lights weren't plugged in so we had to go around and plug everything in. In the 2 room it was just as bad plus the bathroom door wouldnt stay closed! We will never stay in this hotel again! We will never recommend it or anything. If I could stay somewhere else and get my money back I would!!! DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank mishaadavis
SSTGM, Manager at Rodeway Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Rodeway, and we are sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at Rodeway. We will keep your feedback in mind as we improve those aspects of your stay that were negative, and hope to see you stay with us again in the future.

-Rodeway Inn Management
Selah
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Booked this hotel after looking at pictures and seeing reviews on line...It was the dirtiest place I have ever seen..bathroom looked like it had never been cleaned, had black stuff around tub. Room smelled horrible, mixture of smoke and gross! Pulled drawer open and the front of it fell of. Stayed 10mins. and that was 10 mins. to long! DONT BELIVE WHAT THE PICTURES ON LINE LOOK LIKE!!!! Should of took my own pictures to show the truth! Barbara D

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Barbara D
We are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

-Rodeway Inn Management
Portland, OR
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Good place to stop for a few nights, I had to meet with a client... thought it was a great value for the services provided, but was a little bit dissapointed to see that the pool and sauna were closed. Ive stayed here before, and it seems like they have made some big changes under new management.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,217 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!