“Worst Hotel Experience of My Life - STAY AWAY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Washington
“Worst Hotel Experience of My Life - STAY AWAY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2008

Absolutely worst hotel experience of my life - and I"ve stayed in hundreds of hotels. So for basics, the hotel didn't even hit the mark. Smelly, decrepid room - afraid to take my shoes off. Smelled of bad BO or smoke. Water was only luke warm, bed was not comfortable, and the TV didn't work right. But that was the good part. Upon checkout, hotel charged me for the room - after I already booked/paid through Orbitz. I provided the rude receptionist with a copy of my receipt from Orbitz, and she refused to reverse the charge. When I insisted that the charge be removed, she first called the owner, who refused to speak to me (how unprofessional, right??). Then, the lovely receptionist threatened to call the police if I didn't vacate the property.

So, if it's adventure you are after - I would recommend this place. Just make sure all your vaccines are up to date.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank natrl1der
beautiful444, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 17 February 2009
Since March 2008 This hotel has been under new Management and Front desk staff. Also, All hotels rooms have been updated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Victoria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2007

Stayed here one night as we needed a place between Seattle and Tacoma. The front end of the hotel looks ok but close inspection reveals it is an older motel with some cosmetic improvements. For the price, I suppose it is decent value. Free morning continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Fife hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2005

This place was too sketchy. The room was not that great, actually not very clean. We reserved for non-smoking but the room was filled with the smell of smoke and the owner just refused to help and asked us to suck it up. It was too late, so we did not feel like going out again looking for another place. Anyway, just a sketchy and unpleasant place!

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Howard Johnson is now under new Management,Ownership and recently has been remodeled. I can guarantee all the rooms are extremely clean and checked daily by management.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2005

We stayed here at the end of a driving tour of Washington and Oregon, the night before we flew out. We wanted to be close to Tacoma to see Defiance Park in the morning without paying too much, and this was a good solution. It was about 10 minutes from downtown Tacoma and maybe 15 to the park. It's on a busy street near the sound, so there is a decent amount of industrial traffic, but the hotel is set far enough back that we didn't notice any noise.

The rooms were clean enough. Our room wasn't quite ready so we had to wait a few minutes. We were also double-booked by some mistake, but the owners didn't make a big deal of it and canceled the other booking. Breakfast was adequate with about a dozen tables to sit and eat. This was definitely a good bargain if you're looking to be close to Tacoma for a budget price.

• Stayed October 2004
5 Thank spoon.17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife
Days Inn Fife
#4 of 10 in Fife
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!