“Alysa was just GREAT!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Tampa, Florida
“Alysa was just GREAT!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My family and I had to go to Seattle for the first time for a swimming competition for our daughter, after going to a couple of different hotels checking rates, we stopped by Extended Stay,EXCELLENT ROOMS,CLEAN,VERY COURTEOUS STAFF, Alysa was at the front desk, and she definitely made the difference, she went the extra mile to make sure that we had everything we needed and to make us feel welcome and like part of the family, CONGRATULATIONS to Extended Stay for having such of good employee working for their company and making feel people important.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Middleton
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We reserved our room in advance. When we arrived several cop cars were leaving the parking lot. My husband went inside to check in & our room was not ready (cleaned). This was at 7 pm after driving 11 hours. Btw my husband was told the cops came running into the hotel shortly before we arrived with guns drawn. No idea why! The staff had no explanation. Since our room had not yet been cleaned (mind you it's 7 pm & check in is at 3 pm) they offered us a different room but the tv was broken. We declined. They told us our room would be ready to check in at 8 pm. They called at 8 pm to let us know it was ready however we went out to eat & went to visit family near by so we didn't arrive to check in a second time until 9:45. No one was at the front desk when we arrived. My husband found an employee taking her lunch in a near by room. We checked in & went to our room. The elevator reeked of cigarette smoke. The hallway reeked of stale burgers. Weird I know. When we got in our room I noticed immediately the bed was a Queen size instead of a King. We reserved a King size over the phone with a member of staff the day before! I called the front desk to see if we could switch to another room however they were sold out. She offered to comp our night which was much appreciated since it was now 10 pm & we have two young children & had already unloaded our luggage. One of our kids was already down for the night. Note that squeezing all of us on a Queen size bed was very very uncomfortable! The bathroom floor was covered in dark hair. I mean covered! I noticed the hair extended into the kitchen area. Our floors were not cleaned period. To top it off I went down to the front desk with a pile of hair & dirt etc that I had collected on some toilet paper & Tina (front desk employee) gave me a broom/dust pan & vacuum to use to clean my own room!!! I was horrified!!! I went ahead & cleaned the floors myself because it was important that my family not walk on filthy floors. By the way they didn't have a mop which was a huge disappointment. Next thing we realize is that the air conditioner wasn't working! No joke! So needless to say we are checking out in the morning & already have reservations at Hampton Inn. Yes the price is great but this hotel is disgustingly filthy!!! Do not stay here!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Fife hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We ignored the other poor reviews and held low expectations. I guess they were not low enough. If you get a room near the lobby, I'd ask for another room or else you can kiss your chances of getting a good night's sleep good-bye!

When I first stepped out of the car to check in at the lobby, I thought that the hotel's fire alarm was going off but then I realized that the noise was coming from across the street. Thankfully, you can't hear it from inside the hotel.

The women at the front are nice and helpful. I'm just glad that they did not ask us how our stay was when we checked out the next morning. It's not their fault the hotel is so awful.

Initially, my husband thought we got a swingin' deal on our room for what it looked like. His opinion quickly changed after he only urinated and the toilet would not flush.. Then the sink would barely drain. Our experience only seemed to get worse from there.

After being in the room for a while, we noticed that it wasn't cleaned very well. The cleaning people obviously were in a hurry to get in and out of there because there was dirt/dust visible, hair on the walls of the shower, some stains on the blankets, and an area on the chair that looked like a dog had urinated and it ran down the side. They even left a bunch of garbage in a drawer from a previous guest. Needless to say, we actually used a towel to operate the t.v. remote and open the refrigerator to avoid some of the filth.

Some other minor annoying things include the faucet head of the bathroom sink, the fact that if you want amenities (extra soap, shampoo, etc.) you have to go to the lobby and ask for it, the hard mattress, and the flat pillows. Also, there is NO hair dryer.

The room is VERY poorly insulated as well. My husband and I whispered because we noticed that we could hear exactly what people were saying from the lobby and we did not want anyone listening in our conversations. We constantly woke up throughout the night to, "Thank you so much, having a great day" or similar phrases that were shouted between the front desk staff and the leaving guests. I felt like I had a hangover the next day. I have never had so much trouble sleeping at a hotel.

My mother is a frequent traveler and she warned me to never stay in a place that is rated less than 3 stars. I thought to myself, "How can 2.5 stars really be that different?" - Well, now I know.

My advice: Pay a little more for a 3-star+ hotel and actually get some sleep.

Room Tip: If you take a chance with this hotel, get one as far away from the lobby/front desk as possible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
British Columbia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I were in Tacoma for a concert. Some of the reviews I read on trip advisor made me really nervous. I shouldn't have been. The staff were welcoming, friendly and answered any questions we had. The hotel is no frills and very basic, but had everything we needed. It was clean and in working order. I also made phone request before arriving, and they were all met. The Tacoma dome was easy to get to, as were any shopping or restaurants

Room Tip: Request a room on the other side from the freeway if noise is a concern
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Newton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hey, what more can the title say? I didn't book it and it wouldn't have been my choice. It actually worked out though because of the location and proximity to where the client and I needed to be. I imagine it's a very economical solution for a night's stay and it was a bonus that they stayed there too and I ran into them in the AM. I say average because it was average. Nothing jumped out at me in the "gross" category, but I wasn't paying much attention either. The girl at the front desk (late night) was a bit confusing after being up for 20 hours, because I wasn't the person the res was made for, but I eventually got to my room with the room-charge going to the right person.

I say it wouldn't have been my choice because I would have either stayed at a Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta. I'm consistently happy with those choices for their low prices. This location didn't really have any cleanliness issues that I've read about (although I came in on a red-eye and spent all of 7 hours in the room sleeping), but the bed wasn't up to par with any competition. The bed and pillows were uncomfortable, for me at least, compared to some of the other chains. I didn't have any of the hot water issues either; but again, I arrived very late and arose very early so my showers were a bit "off schedule".

Two things that were just an annoyance to me were the lack of a computer center (to print some docs) and the internet was almost non existant. I was traveling and I had some docs that I would have preferred to have printed and ready (I HATE asking a client to print for me), and I've really never stayed anywhere that didn't have the option. I also had to download those docs and the internet was like old AOL dial-up... very slow! Hey oh well, these things really aren't major at all, but at the other locations, in the US at least, the issues would be non-existant.

I can't be too harsh because these are "extended stays" with kitchens and such; they aren't really geared for the fly in-fly out set like me. I imagine I'd appreciate the amenities had I been there for a longer stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LivedOutOfSuitcase
Belfair, Washington
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Drove from a distance to. Went into lobby to book a room. No one at lobby counter to assist me. Heard someone in office space connected to lobby counter area. Had to say out loud to get someones attention. She greeted me and I asked before I book a room if I could use their bathroom. She told me they don't have a bathroom to use. For arriving guests that have just gone a distance in their vehicle to a hotel destination may, you think, need to use a restroom.
I just decided to leave after that response of a big "NO" to a new customer. I really just couldn't believe my ears.
Went on a search for another hotel.

Room Tip: Couldn't tell you.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael M
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I am a frequent traveler and this is the worst hotel experience I have had. I must have been given a room that was not renovated. It was dirty, smelly, noisy, and the tub fixture for the shower fell off in my hand. There were no hangers in the room. The kitchen was ancient and the blanket had holes in it. Breakfast was a granola bar and an orange in an unkempt area. I felt unsafe and I checked out early.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South

Been to Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife? Share your experiences!